St. Mirren vs St. Johnstone 28/10

2 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Oh yeah, we'll take it. I was more referencing more McLean's reaction to the way his team played.

Someone a bit more savvy could have said "we came to the 3rd placed team in the league, with a great home record, more than matched them for the first half hour, they didn't have a shot until close to half time which was the goal. A mistake for the 2nd goal killed us and we were poor after that. We're not too downhearted though and there are some positives like the return of Clark and the debut performance of Jaiyesimi."

Instead he's just compounded his club's problems by throwing the team under the bus and coming across like a petulant child.

I definitely didn't pick up on any comical performances from Saintees. A couple of bad errors and a couple of generally poor players but there was nothing there that screamed 'last appearance in a blue shirt' levels of unprofessional or comedy though.

Definitely the call of a guy who has no ideas left so has just taken to dishing out abuse. A squad with Stevie May, Chris Kane and Nicky Clark in it should definitely be getting more up top than MacLean is getting out of his side just now. A decent manager won't be able to turn them around and fully clear of danger but there's enough in there that they could have them fighting to not be bottom by May.

27 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Nah I don’t want the Fakes to go down. I’m still hoping against hope that this is the season we finally get to flush the perennial turd that is Livi. 

Why not both? One down automatically and the other via playoffs?

Other issue is that there's no other clearly shocking team in the league this season.

9/10 years under Stubbs/Kearney, we'd have been gone in March but we benefitted massively from being one of three joke outfits in the league that season. Us Dundee and Accies all made it a sort of game to see who could be the shitiest. 

St. Johnstone can still pull it back with a change but need to do so pretty much now. There's no other team in the league who look like they are going to go on a long losing or winless streak.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I definitely didn't pick up on any comical performances from Saintees. A couple of bad errors and a couple of generally poor players but there was nothing there that screamed 'last appearance in a blue shirt' levels of unprofessional or comedy though.

This is what’s shite. If we were gonna meekly surrender our top flight status, I was up for a bit of a laugh. Nothing funny (for me anyway) in just being worse than every team we play and getting beat 2-0, yesterday aside. 

I don’t want St Johnstone to go down because a friend of mine supports them. Simple as that. Don’t want to see him have his team relegated. If we could get rid of Livvy and Ross C, replace them with the Arabs and pretty much anyone else from a competitive Championship, happy days. A Livvy v Ross C match in the second tier, on an early season hot day, on that fcuking axminster rug…. That would have Sky frantically altering schedules to be able to beam it to the nation.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

You are a professional outfit 

Stopped reading here.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Other issue is that there's no other clearly shocking team in the league this season.

9/10 years under Stubbs/Kearney, we'd have been gone in March but we benefitted massively from being one of three joke outfits in the league that season. Us Dundee and Accies all made it a sort of game to see who could be the shitiest. 

St. Johnstone can still pull it back with a change but need to do so pretty much now. There's no other team in the league who look like they are going to go on a long losing or winless streak.

Aye.

Partick had a worse start than us in like 15/16. Less points and goals by the stage, yet finished about 9th. But they had the benefit of Mixus United team and McCullochs Kilmarnock team imploding.

Guess our best hope is if Mackay leaves County and they hire Yogi again, and he incites some form of disaster, but it still relies on us turning about 3yrs worth of form around.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Stopped reading here.

Aye.

Partick had a worse start than us in like 15/16. Less points and goals by the stage, yet finished about 9th. But they had the benefit of Mixus United team and McCullochs Kilmarnock team imploding.

Guess our best hope is if Mackay leaves County and they hire Yogi again, and he incites some form of disaster, but it still relies on us turning about 3yrs worth of form around.

Was McGowan injured? Or is he just done? I'd have thought he'd have been a better option in midfeild or in the back three than some of the guys who played.

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

Was McGowan injured? Or is he just done? I'd have thought he'd have been a better option in midfeild or in the back three than some of the guys who played.

Hes been frozen out since our disastrous display against County. MacLeans interview afterwards said "some players need to look over their shoulder about whether they will play for the club", and McGowan was presumably the target for that as hes not played since and was (publicly) told he can leave for free.

I don't particularly rate him but hes arguably our best RB option in a back 4, but now can't be picked because the manager cant (wont?) back down, and because if he does back down it makes the (numerous) similar threats he'd made since even more pointless than they were.

It’s wild McGowan isn’t being picked now we’re playing a back three again. He’s not a great right back and we have better midfield options but as a right sided CB in a B3 he’s miles better than Gordon, who has only ever looked good for us in the middle of a back 3. 

St Johnstone were the poorest side I have seen in ages. No creative play and a shocking defense. 

We have been there so they get my sympathy. However I always want our opposition to be poor. 

No doubt they will end up our nemesis again under the right manager

44 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I liked a quote somebody made on telly the other night (can’t think who).

Of all the unimportant things in the world, football is the most important. 

I quite liked that. 

Pope John Paul II apparently.