St. Mirren vs St. Johnstone 28/10

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does he not have a habit of doing that against us?

Don’t know. We rely on you being the stats man.

Are you considering changing your signature?

“There might be clubs with more money, bigger resources and a bigger support than St Johnstone, but none with a bigger heart.“

7 hours ago, Radford said:

Can't comment on the fourth goal as I was approaching the Kingston Bridge but the first three all chronic.

Centre back up taking a throw in at the corner flag (when none of the long throw options can even reach the six-yard box) then Brown can't deal with a ball forward.

Brown at the second is just criminal and he's cost us once again. How many games has he started this season cause he's cost us three of them. Don't give a toss how distraught he looked, absolutely basic mistakes.

Third goal again a centre back in a shit area taking a throw that jeopardises any shape we have.

The squad is full of crap but are being abominably managed as well. Another expensive mistake from Steve Brown. Get rid.

Imagine how terrible the referees will be in the Championship.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

This was his interview in the first game of the season, on July 15th, over 4 months and 10 games ago.

Screenshot_20231029_064821_Chrome.thumb.jpg.97272279147166ef3665126a73778a8c.jpg

Yeah, not great and definitely a bit of a theme. It can't be easy though, emotions running high, then you need to speak to the press which will go out in radio/TV. I imagine that is nerve racking at first. So i have some sympathy. Or maybe clubs do provide media training and MacLean is just a fanny.

A 4-0 home win suggests a great performance but was actually being criticised by some parts of the home support after the game as they felt the home team never played as well as they could. 

Happily take those kind of results until the end of the season. 🤣

We need to ensure our goal difference improves as this title could go down to the wire! 🤪

Just now, houston_bud said:

Yeah, not great and definitely a bit of a theme. It can't be easy though, emotions running high, then you need to speak to the press which will go out in radio/TV. I imagine that is nerve racking at first. So i have some sympathy. Or maybe clubs do provide media training and MacLean is just a fanny.

I doubt we provide media training tbh.

He was ballsy as f**k last season when things were going well (guaranteeing we'd win v Kilmarnock and be safe) and during the Summer (guaranteeing "his team" would be an aggressive pressing side that'd be more attacking and filled with hungry young players).

Guess the issue with bravado is youre kind of fucked when youre not able to back it up, and if you lose confidence in yourself then you're not left with much. 

9 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

In any event, it's great to be part of the absolute zenith of any St Mirren fan's life of the last decade. Scant consolation but it may offer some comfort to some.

You're not incorrect, tbh. This is the best we've had it since the league cup win. 

I guess the concern for you is that this moment could be the zenith of your next decade. Fucking worrying time to be a Saintee.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think our issue up front is our experienced strikers are more interested in falling down and squealing to the ref rather than actually trying to do something helpful. 

I was at the County game in August and that's all May did all game. It got to the point where the ref wasn't even acknowledging him and tell him to get up. He was point blank ignoring him. 

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was at the County game in August and that's all May did all game. It got to the point where the ref wasn't even acknowledging him and tell him to get up. He was point blank ignoring him. 

Worst bit is hes always been like that as a lone striker, and the manager is the best person we couldve hired to avoid that situation, but he decided that was the way to go.

Genuinely feels like all we've done is hire Davidson again, as hes making the same mistakes in the same order.

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Fair enough. St Johnstone really had five goal attempts in that first half and six corners? Fcuk me, and the kunts still couldn’t score a goal.

And our first shot at goal was the goal. In the 36th minute. At home. Against the team bottom of the league.

Anyway, we came good in the end.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worst bit is hes always been like that as a lone striker, and the manager is the best person we couldve hired to avoid that situation, but he decided that was the way to go.

Genuinely feels like all we've done is hire Davidson again, as hes making the same mistakes in the same order.

I reckon your board should act now and empty McLean before the situation becomes non retreavable.

If you get a half decent appointment in place now to get the best out of what is basically the squad you’ll have for the next 7 months then, at least it might give you a fighting chance of not getting isolated. 

10 hours ago, GAD said:

It's good to be part of St Johnstone's collapse into disaster as well. Pretty much all the Saintees posters on here are complete wankers so watching them drop down the leagues will be decent.

if there had been any modesty or humility about their double cup winning season then maybe but there just seemed to be a "whats the next record we can break" mentality 

which is fine but "going through an SPL season without winning a game" isn't quite as enviable 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt we provide media training tbh.

You are a professional outfit who utilise the media to generate publicity for your club. Every top flight manager and the players will be suitably briefed and educated on how to deal with pre and post match interviews. 
To suggest otherwise is nonsense. 

18 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

And our first shot at goal was the goal. In the 36th minute. At home. Against the team bottom of the league.

The old adage of 'we'll play worse this season and win' kicks in.

I'll take a below peak 4-0 win every day of the week against anyone, let alone a team where straightforward no drama wins for us are at an absolute premium.

Bear in mind, St. Johnstone of last season were also poor and we didn't defeat them in three games.

21 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Let’s remember that we have so many players away on international duty combined with a postponement last weekend. So it just took a bit of time to dust off the cobwebs. 

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

I reckon your board should act now and empty McLean before the situation becomes non retreavable.

If you get a half decent appointment in place now to get the best out of what is basically the squad you’ll have for the next 7 months then, at least it might give you a fighting chance of not getting isolated. 

Their problem is and was before McLean took the job was Davidson signed some amount of shite, then they've let McLean sign some shite as well. Their squad is absolutely massive, after announcing a big loss, they are probably on course for another loss, then if they are relegated the income then halves (from our experience anyway).

Nobody will want to sign the majority of that squad in January (I'd take the keeper next summer). So they can't really take a punt in January unless they want another massive financial loss.

Even if it was a proven manager at this level in charge, or if they sack McLean and bring in a Robinson type, is the team good enough for a turn around?

Tldr it's a shitfest for the Perth Saints and even if they miraculously stay up this season, I can't see it being resolved in the summer.

46 minutes ago, Molotov said:

You are a professional outfit who utilise the media to generate publicity for your club. Every top flight manager and the players will be suitably briefed and educated on how to deal with pre and post match interviews. 
To suggest otherwise is nonsense. 

Lol

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

The old adage of 'we'll play worse this season and win' kicks in.

I'll take a below peak 4-0 win every day of the week against anyone, let alone a team where straightforward no drama wins for us are at an absolute premium.

Oh yeah, we'll take it. I was referencing more McLean's reaction to the way his team played.

Someone a bit more savvy could have said "we came to the 3rd placed team in the league, with a great home record, more than matched them for the first half hour, they didn't have a shot until close to half time which was the goal. A mistake for the 2nd goal killed us and we were poor after that. We're not too downhearted though and there are some positives like the return of Clark and the debut performance of Jaiyesimi."

Instead he's just compounded his club's problems by throwing the team under the bus and coming across like a petulant child.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Yup, said it in a couple of posts already, the first thirty minutes was not a good game of football. From both teams. Willie Miller was, in my opinion, calling the game perfectly on ‘Open All Mics’. As I posted, was tremendous timing when the studio went back to him mere seconds before Baccus slammed in the opener. One of my season highlights will be Willie Miller on the radio… ‘poor game when all the home fans have is to boo when the opposition steal a few yards at a throw-i OOOH what a goal!’ 😀