Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

Wasn’t sure if this was for the travel thread so thought I’d make a separate one for match tickets.

Currently entering the UEFA ballot with the deadline on Thursday.

The FAQ’s state that you must either buy all tickets you successfully win in the ballot, or buy none at all. This is putting me off applying for a match every single day in the tournament for fear of ending up with a huge bill. 

Is it possible to buy the tickets and then resell any unwanted ones through official channels?

24 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Wasn’t sure if this was for the travel thread so thought I’d make a separate one for match tickets.

Currently entering the UEFA ballot with the deadline on Thursday.

The FAQ’s state that you must either buy all tickets you successfully win in the ballot, or buy none at all. This is putting me off applying for a match every single day in the tournament for fear of ending up with a huge bill. 

Is it possible to buy the tickets and then resell any unwanted ones through official channels?

UEFA are setting up an official resale hub after the final qualifiers are decided at the end of March, I don't think there is much risk of not being able to get rid of unwanted tickets, thankfully Baku is not a venue this time around. 

We have applied for every available match allowed in an application, from opening game to the final (22 games). 

The various combinations mean every match in the tournament is covered. 

We have booked some in fan category, some in cat 3 and some in cat 2.

I think we have about 16 applications in and out of them we think would be extremely lucky if we even get one match between us.  There will be resale/swap option and I doubt you will have trouble shifting your tickets.

Hamburg/Frankfurt (dpa) - Ticket sales for the Euro 2024 tournament in Germany started on Tuesday, with 3.1 million applications in the first hours already exceeding the 1.2 million tickets on offer.

"We are very satisfied with the start of ticket sales," the organizing committee said.

"Interest from Germany, but also the whole world, is huge. Just three hours after the start 3.1 million tickets were applied for from 142 countries."

I think there is a total of 2.7 million tickets available.  Unsure if that includes sponsors, corporates and the "Eufa family: who might take a fair bit of that.

The official France Supporters Club have issued a statement to their supporters stating that each association will be given an average of 9500 tickets per match.

Assuming correct then that would mean for us (based on updated ssc table today) that all 12 pointers and above would be guaranteed tickets and pretty much guaranteed that 11 pointers are guaranteed tickets as well.

I would even go as far as saying 10 pointers stand an excellent chance at getting tickets

That is great news (if accurate)

1 hour ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

The official France Supporters Club have issued a statement to their supporters stating that each association will be given an average of 9500 tickets per match.

Assuming correct then that would mean for us (based on updated ssc table today) that all 12 pointers and above would be guaranteed tickets and pretty much guaranteed that 11 pointers are guaranteed tickets as well.

I would even go as far as saying 10 pointers stand an excellent chance at getting tickets

Sure some association tickets will be kept back for officials and players families etc. 

8 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

We have applied for every available match allowed in an application, from opening game to the final (22 games). 

The various combinations mean every match in the tournament is covered. 

We have booked some in fan category, some in cat 3 and some in cat 2.

I think we have about 16 applications in and out of them we think would be extremely lucky if we even get one match between us.  There will be resale/swap option and I doubt you will have trouble shifting your tickets.

I think you'll be surprised how many tickets you end up with. 

8 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Ripped from the TAMB, this table looks like good news for those with at least 12 SSC points, possibly less...

image.png.feb93b74fbbefc3f00871b09f89c00

I was up for entering the ballot, but as I don’t even know what group Scotland will be in, I’m not interested. 

I’ll still try and get tickets but only once I have a better idea what the story is. I was at France ‘98 when I was young and daft. I’d like to go to one of the games but if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t happen.

Edited by Scary Bear

Has anyone had experience of submitting various applications using the group ID? I’ve put all the tickets on my application and then tried to get my friends to create profiles and enter the ID number so we can sit together. However, they’re saying they can’t submit anything without selecting some tickets and we don’t really want to end up with multiple tickets for the same game. 

38 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I was up for entering the ballot, but as I don’t even know what group Scotland will be in, I’m not interested. 

I’ll still try and get tickets but only once I have a better idea what the story is. I was at France ‘98 when I was young and daft. I’d like to go to one of the games but if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t happen.

Good luck with the second choice ballot after the draw.

Got to be a better bet to get the tickets now and get rid of unwanted ones post draw I reckon. 

8 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Ripped from the TAMB, this table looks like good news for those with at least 12 SSC points, possibly less...

image.png.feb93b74fbbefc3f00871b09f89c00

Thats really interesting.  I have only attended home games in recent years and notice that I am on 12 points (season ticket I think boosts this number a little)

27 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Thats really interesting.  I have only attended home games in recent years and notice that I am on 12 points (season ticket I think boosts this number a little)

10 for the games, 1 for renewing and 1 for having a membership in the 3 previous campaigns. 

10 hours ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I think you'll be surprised how many tickets you end up with. 

I am just basing my chances on applications for previous workd cups, euros, champions league and Europa Leagues where my luck was pretty crap.

See what happens.

With any luck I might get Scotland or the opportunity to swap.

A those top pointers in the SSC deserve their day in the sun so no issues with them getting tickets. They have more than paid their dues down the years.

My first Scotland was in 1973 snd I was a member of SSC from 1995 until recently.  I was as lucky enough to get tickets for all three games in 96 and in Norway in 98 but my membership lapsed about 4 years ago due to the people I went with not going as regular etc.

Great to have the good times back.

On 24/10/2023 at 00:24, Quentin Taranbino said:

Excuse my ignorance, but is this 9500 that France (or Scotland) have per match to sell directly to their own fans? And then balloted tickets will likely just be mixed?

2 hours ago, stu92 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but is this 9500 that France (or Scotland) have per match to sell directly to their own fans? And then balloted tickets will likely just be mixed?

That’s right. 

Approximately 16% of tickets go to each association to sell to their fans. These are generally at either end of the ground. The remaining tickets are completely mixed. Tournament games aren’t usually segregated in any way as far as I know.

Over 20 million tickets have been requested by fans worldwide for matches at UEFA EURO 2024, demonstrating huge interest in attending the final tournament in Germany from 14 June to 14 July 2024.

Over 1.2 million tickets were available in the application period which ended on 26 October.

17 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Over 20 million tickets have been requested by fans worldwide for matches at UEFA EURO 2024, demonstrating huge interest in attending the final tournament in Germany from 14 June to 14 July 2024.

Over 1.2 million tickets were available in the application period which ended on 26 October.

Think a majority of the 20 million will be from tout bots that UEFA are trying to filter out.