Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

9 minutes ago, Div said:

They said they are not transferrable but not sure how they enforce that.

As far as I'm concerned if someone had your UEFA login details they could use that on their phone to download the digital tickets.

These aren't like traditional QR code tickets, you will download them to your Apple or Android wallet and then they become an RFID ticket using your wallet.

We had those at the NFL games in London in October.

End of the day if someone has your login details then they should be able to to download the ticket to their phone as far as I can tell.

They ain't gonna check passports at the gate so not sure how else they could stop it?

There is going to be a ridiculous amount of folk with no battery left on their phones at the gates unable to get their tickets scanned 

15 minutes ago, Div said:

Public ballot tickets can be easily transferred from one user to another. I assume there will be some block on the SSC member tickets to remove that function but of course since you are able to get 4 tickets in the public ballot you must therefore be able to transfer them on.

Not so easy getting 4G outside a 70,000 seater stadium before kick off though.

9 minutes ago, Div said:

Sounds like it's maybe a dedicated app for tickets, going by this anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPIWwPjppvY

If you bought your tickets with a code from SSC the transfer button was greyed out, last time anyway. If you bought tickets on the public lotteries transfers were easy, as in the video. It worked fine, and will be handy for swapping tickets with other country's supporters, especially in the knockout rounds.

Edited by welshbairn

I don't think you need 4G. If it's like last time you need your bluetooth on for the downloaded ticket in the app, a steward outside the stadium activates the ticket in the app with some scanner and then you can use it to scan through the turnstiles.

Was fairly straight forward last time but that was with limited crowds, don't fancy the wait for both queues when it's full stadiums.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Sorry to keep banging on about it and probably stating the obvious but I hope you're applying on the public lottery as well, especially if you're already planning a family holiday over there. Munich has a capacity of 66 thousand, only 20,000 are being allocated through the Scottish and German FAs.

Oh yes, I have done that as well. 🤞

7 minutes ago, Div said:

Yeah you are right, sounds like it's maybe a dedicated app for tickets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPIWwPjppvY

The fact you need Bluetooth switched on does mean it's more than just a QR code.

If it’s like 2021, you only get your ticket and know where your seat is a few days before and it’s only activated on the day of the game when you’re in the vicinity of the ground (hence Bluetooth).

Its not as simple as just logging into someone’s account on a different device either:

https://support.tickets-mobiletickets.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/6254328734876-I-recently-changed-my-smartphone-How-do-I-access-my-mobile-tickets-on-my-new-phone-

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

Is there a recommended system for applying I.e. PC, tablet, phone etc.? Anyone had any problems using one of these? It might be easier for me to sit with my non-techy dad and us both apply at the same time. 

I find it easier with a laptop, and occasionally it can be a troubleshooting option to change browsers which I wouldn't know how to do on my phone.

31 minutes ago, Div said:

They said they are not transferrable but not sure how they enforce that.

As far as I'm concerned if someone had your UEFA login details they could use that on their phone to download the digital tickets.

These aren't like traditional QR code tickets, you will download them to your Apple or Android wallet and then they become an RFID ticket using your wallet.

We had those at the NFL games in London in October.

End of the day if someone has your login details then they should be able to to download the ticket to their phone as far as I can tell.

They ain't gonna check passports at the gate so not sure how else they could stop it?

So it’s not worth me applying if I can’t make game 2 or 3 as I can’t pass them on.  Fingers crossed for the ballot then for me cheers 

My (adult) son is nowhere near the points level for tickets but is coming with us. We have some ballot tickets but not yet for the Scotland games. I promised him if I got all 3 I would give him one. The simple solution seems to be we simply swap phones for that day. Obviously not a solution if you dont know the person but amongst mates or family surely that will be the obvious solution ?

Glad to see it seems everyone has been sorted out on 11. Hopefully drops down for others. 

Another stressful morning helping out the eleven pointers - not helped by the change of system which meant the codes weren’t copied before opening the link. The process seemed much smoother today though!

A relaxing evening definitely needed tonight 🇩🇪

49 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Update : Switzerland game appears to be sold out, Hungary only Cat 1 left. Germany still Cat 2 and 1.

Have to think nobody in their right mind would buy a Cat 1 ticket when Cat 2 was still available.

There were 1046 Cat 1s in the allocation (600 Euros) so a very good chance 10 pointers, and even below, will get an option on those.

51 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Update : Switzerland game appears to be sold out, Hungary only Cat 1 left. Germany still Cat 2 and 1.

Thanks. I guess not a massive surprise that the middle one goes first. It's the one where most people are definitely in Germany. I fully expect Hungary to sell out tonight or tomorrow, thereby confirming that barring any "lottery win" on the general sale tickets, I'm not going to either. It does make the decision easier to make if I get a chance of Cat 1 for Germany though..........

14 minutes ago, Div said:

Have to think nobody in their right mind would buy a Cat 1 ticket when Cat 2 was still available.

There were 1046 Cat 1s in the allocation (600 Euros) so a very good chance 10 pointers, and even below, will get an option on those.

I certainly don't think many will have. As said before though, not been made clear if player allocations are coming out of the 10,000 tickets. If they are then they'll likely come from Cat 1 and potentially account for more than half of them.

If the squad tickets are not included then fair chance in excess of 500 Cat 1 tickets will hit the 5,577 people on 10 points tomorrow. Will 10% of them take it up? The drop off in numbers is then substantial. Only 1,041 on 9 points and 1,429 on 8. 1,717 on 7 points. Chances of it reaching the 6 pointers? And if it does there are over 4,500 of them for what's left...................

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

My (adult) son is nowhere near the points level for tickets but is coming with us. We have some ballot tickets but not yet for the Scotland games. I promised him if I got all 3 I would give him one. The simple solution seems to be we simply swap phones for that day. Obviously not a solution if you dont know the person but amongst mates or family surely that will be the obvious solution ?

Yeah, I think it’s possible with close friends/family that you trust with your details. I doubt they’ll be checking that closely.

34 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I certainly don't think many will have. As said before though, not been made clear if player allocations are coming out of the 10,000 tickets. If they are then they'll likely come from Cat 1 and potentially account for more than half of them.

If the squad tickets are not included then fair chance in excess of 500 Cat 1 tickets will hit the 5,577 people on 10 points tomorrow. Will 10% of them take it up? The drop off in numbers is then substantial. Only 1,041 on 9 points and 1,429 on 8. 1,717 on 7 points. Chances of it reaching the 6 pointers? And if it does there are over 4,500 of them for what's left...................

Fingers crossed for you and your son - I think it’ll  drop down at those prices but it is very easy to say when you aren’t relying on it!

Hopefully there’ll be another update tomorrow with how many are left. 

5 hours ago, jofis said:

Cheers for that. I was a bit suspicious that BoS hadn't skimmed their share of the loot yet. I suppose once the transaction moves from pending the charge will show up. 

Aye the additional charges are added when it debits as they aren't technically part of the transaction. E.G. UEFA won't get them.

4 hours ago, Jord85 said:

I doubt there will be any left for tomorrow.  Hoping for the lottery tickets now.  Can only make the opening game 

58 minutes ago, Div said:

I reckon the 600 efforts will go a wee bit down the ladder.

For those disappointed souls who find no tickets available after the next few days, there is another option available with a very good chance of succeeding in the public lotteries.

image.thumb.png.864ae4094bf61026e02357496ec7a1d3.png

https://support.tickets-euro2024.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/10384352198300-How-much-do-tickets-cost-

P.S. Just to make sure everyone knows, we're not talking season tickets, a single game. :1eye

Edited by welshbairn