Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

1 hour ago, Div said:

Have to think nobody in their right mind would buy a Cat 1 ticket when Cat 2 was still available.

Some of the Cat2 tickets at Munich are directly behind the Fans First areas. Bit galling to be paying 8 times more than the folk sitting a few feet away from you.

Cat1 guarantees you a pitch side view. If you're prepared to pay €400 you might as well ensure some exclusivity and go to the next level up.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thanks. I guess not a massive surprise that the middle one goes first. It's the one where most people are definitely in Germany. I fully expect Hungary to sell out tonight or tomorrow, thereby confirming that barring any "lottery win" on the general sale tickets, I'm not going to either. It does make the decision easier to make if I get a chance of Cat 1 for Germany though..........

Hungary not sold out yet (I thought it would have) and still Cat 1 and 2 for Germany. 

9 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Cheers. I think it'll be the ballot for me - not paying those prices!

Does anyone know how many tickets are up for grabs in this round of the ballot?

Chances will be close to zero I reckon, especially at the lower categories.

3 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Some of the Cat2 tickets at Munich are directly behind the Fans First areas. Bit galling to be paying 8 times more than the folk sitting a few feet away from you.

Cat1 guarantees you a pitch side view. If you're prepared to pay €400 you might as well ensure some exclusivity and go to the next level up.

Just had a look on Youtube at the Alliance Stadium - struggling to see where the restricted view seats might be........can only think they are first couple of rows as there appears to be a fence behind the goals - will that remain for the Euros?

Got Fans First ticket and hoping its not behind the fence

6 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

How many people are willing to pay 200 euros per ticket though?

Enough I'd have thought. Clearly enough already have for Switzerland.

I think you underestimate the demand, especially from people who can only get to one game anyway. If you wsnt to go to a game, you're not going to miss the chance for an extra £100 or whatever. Appreciate some will be financially unable but plenty can and will.

I have no idea what I'd do if by some miracle Hungary was available by the time it drops to me. I'd have absolutely gone for the fortnight if I'd got all three. I'm not sure I want to sit ticketless in Germany through the Switzerland game.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

43 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

How many people are willing to pay 200 euros per ticket though?

I have paid over the odds for Switzerland tickets. Like 7x the price. 

1. Because with 9 points I knew I had F all chance of getting a ticket via the SFA.

2. Because the chances of getting tickets via UEFA ballot will be less than 20% most probably.

3. Because the last time I was travelled to a major finals was in 1998. We hopefully will not have to wait as long again but I have probably 15 (will hit 70s)years before travelling becomes a chore…assuming I even live that long. 

4. I doubt I will go to my grave with less than £400. 

5. To me Cologne and the Switzerland game are the most attractive for numerous reasons. 

Am I pissed off I have had to pay that rate. Sure. But I want to be at one game. Paying 400 Euros+ for the x 3 games is a no no however.

The £400 paid is also less than tartan army members with 13+ points would have paid to go to Norway, Cyprus, Spain etc. So again at peace with that…

It won’t be long before tickets for Switzerland and Hungary games are going for 500 Euros + on secondary market. They already are that price and more for the Germany game in Munich. 

6 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I have paid over the odds for Switzerland tickets. Like 7x the price. 

1. Because with 9 points I knew I had F all chance of getting a ticket via the SFA.

2. Because the chances of getting tickets via UEFA ballot will be less than 20% most probably.

3. Because the last time I was travelled to a major finals was in 1998. We hopefully will not have to wait as long again but I have probably 15 (will hit 70s)years before travelling becomes a chore…assuming I even live that long. 

4. I doubt I will go to my grave with less than £400. 

5. To me Cologne and the Switzerland game are the most attractive for numerous reasons. 

Am I pissed off I have had to pay that rate. Sure. But I want to be at one game. Paying 400 Euros+ for the x 3 games is a no no however.

The £400 paid is also less than tartan army members with 13+ points would have paid to go to Norway, Cyprus, Spain etc. So again at peace with that…

It won’t be long before tickets for Switzerland and Hungary games are going for 500 Euros + on secondary market. They already are that price and more for the Germany game in Munich. 

Who exactly are you buying from at this stage. There are no tickets as such until match day so how does that all work ?

I think the resale platform that UEFA will open up in Spring could see potentially thousands of tickets become available.

My reading of that is that to get access you must have entered the public ballot so I’d absolutely do that even if the chances of getting tickets seems remote.

There are only 10,000 tickets going to the associations of each team in any game and that leaves 30000+ up for grabs in other markets.