Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

13 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

There is some method to the madness, although its mostly luck based on whether you get in early or not. 

I had phone tab, 3 browsers on my laptop, 3 browsers on my computer. 7 in total and 1 came in fairly early, the rest took a lot longer. If you're sitting with just 1 tab open you've got basically no chance. 

If you can't work from home in front of a computer you're fucked, which doesn't seem right. 

Appreciate the point you're making but I sat with just one tab open for just under 2 hours and got two tickets for Hungary. You're right though. It's clearly random so the more options you have the better your chances.

11 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

I got through just before 12, no Scotland tickets left then 

I bought two tickets for the Hungary game at 11:58.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Feck me flights to Germany in June are expensive for some reason eh? Going to have to get more creative. I'm looking at £1,300+ for flights here.

Try Brussels. Plenty cheap flights to there then get train down to Stuttgart.

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Feck me flights to Germany in June are expensive for some reason eh? Going to have to get more creative. I'm looking at £1,300+ for flights here.

I'd be thinking about interail passes. I bet your lad's a bit excited!

Edited by welshbairn

Just got 2 cat 1 tickets for the R16 game in Berlin, which is where the second placed team in our group goes, and 1 cat 1 ticket for R16 in Cologne, where we have a 30% chance of going if we qualify third on our group. I really wanted Frankfurt as we have a 50% chance of going there if we qualify third, but I never saw anything below prime at 500 Euro.

7 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Flights from Edinburgh to karlsruhe sat out Monday back around £480 with Ryanair 

9 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Try Paris, Geneva etc. then train to Stuttgart.

Munich return £300 on Saturday 22nd then train over Sunday....

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Try Brussels. Plenty cheap flights to there then get train down to Stuttgart.

Advice appreciated. If I can possibly avoid fannying about with internal rail journeys I'd prefer that but I presume they are outstandingly good? I used the Swiss rail during Euro 2008 which briefly went through Germany and it was excellent.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Just got 2 cat 1 tickets for the R16 game in Berlin, which is where the second placed team in our group goes, and 1 cat 1 ticket for R16 in Cologne, where we have a 30% chance of going if we qualify third on our group. I really wanted Frankfurt as we have a 50% chance of going there if we qualify third, but I never saw anything below prime at 500 Euro.

I got Cat 1s for Berlin, Cologne and Frankfurt R16s and QFs in Berlin and Hamburg, but in previous rounds. Still in the waiting room this time.

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I love looking up stuff like this for some reason...

Anyway (and this depends when you want to go obviously)...

Friday morning - EDI to Basel Easyjet - get in 11:20. Then just under 3 hours on train from Basel to Stuttgart

Over 3 hours to get in. Tickets for the games while my mate is here all long gone. 

But managed to bag a couple of Belgium v Romania tickets in Cologne and one for the last 16 game here too which could be us. Praying.

32 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Advice appreciated. If I can possibly avoid fannying about with internal rail journeys I'd prefer that but I presume they are outstandingly good? I used the Swiss rail during Euro 2008 which briefly went through Germany and it was excellent.

75% punctual compared to 89% for ScotRail so be warned...

25 minutes ago, The Holiday Song said:

I love looking up stuff like this for some reason...

Anyway (and this depends when you want to go obviously)...

Friday morning - EDI to Basel Easyjet - get in 11:20. Then just under 3 hours on train from Basel to Stuttgart

Mmm, so as far as I can see I could take this flight out at £89 each. There's no obvious return flight though except at 6am in Basel which presumably would be difficult to get to in time? But I can get a flight back from Karlsruhe on Ryanair on the Monday lunchtime for €171 each.

A much more reasonable total of under £500 but still to get trains from Basel and to Karlsuhe. This work do you think?

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm, so as far as I can see I could take this flight out at £89 each. There's no obvious return flight though except at 6am in Basel which presumably would be difficult to get to in time? But I can get a flight back from Karlsruhe on Ryanair on the Monday lunchtime for €171 each.

A much more reasonable total of under £500 but still to get trains from Basel and to Karlsuhe. This work do you think?

Don't rush to book anything imo. There's a thousand ways of getting places in Germany - maybe go through it in person with someone, or a travel agent. 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Don't rush to book anything imo. There's a thousand ways of getting places in Germany - maybe go through it in person with someone, or a travel agent. 

Yeah, good advice I think. In fact can fly Edinburgh to Karlsruhe round trip rather than faffing about in Basel for £477 Saturday to Monday. Flight times are ok. That looks best bet so far.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Karlsruhe to Edinburgh via Milan is £117 atm 

Try Memmingen too. There’s a couple there that are around £50. 

Edited by PSJ.84

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, I actually restarted the queue in case I could get anything for the Germany game, albeit it's now changed status to no tickets available anyway. I haven't actually closed the portal window though. It's still sitting at about 10%. I assume it will be at least two hours before it gets back in. Expecting nothing though.

Haven't actually closed this yet, it's still sitting in the background. It's 30 mins to get in now. I'm assuming it will eventually chuck me out. Not expecting to achieve anything by it. Germany and Swiss games aren't even on the available list now.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Appreciate the point you're making but I sat with just one tab open for just under 2 hours and got two tickets for Hungary. You're right though. It's clearly random so the more options you have the better your chances.

I bought two tickets for the Hungary game at 11:58.

No one likes a smart arse!!

TBF I'm home before the Hungary game