🔴🟡 Partick Thistle v Ayr United ⚫️⚪️ - Halloween extravaganza

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Amartey showing why he's better than McKenzie and Rose there. I'm not sure Bryden was offside either.

Having someone capable of going by people in those central areas makes a huge difference. I would very much like to see him alongside Dowds, getting some decent game time. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Having someone capable of going by people in those central areas makes a huge difference. I would very much like to see him alongside Dowds, getting some decent game time. 

Let's hope BGM reads this post.

Decent result imo. We’re a team of jobbers mostly with two excellent players at this level in Chalmers and Murphy. Amartey has to be starting for me. Either out wide with Chalmers more central in a free role or play him as a striker who can run in behind and stretch defences. 

Not sure what to make of that. Apart from the disallowed goal, which looked onside, and the pen, which I didn't see because the stream was going tits, I didn't think Ayr looked like scoring in the entire second half. But we didn't look great either apart from the one chance for Alston. So two pish teams and draw fair result.

Really really not sure of the logic of a double sub 4 minutes into injury time at 2-2 unless it's to waste time, but Adeloye gave it away with his first touch so could easily have backfired.

2 minutes ago, pthardie said:

That brief cameo showed we should have McKenzie on the wing before Williamson. Don’t think he even tried to beat his man down the wing once tonight

I know he was out of position tonight but I don't see what he brings at all, just seems to do shite flicks to no-one, give away fouls, and fall on his arse looking for fouls. Stanway looked a lot better when he dropped deeper and wasn't playing so much with his back to goal.

We look a team shot of all confidence at the moment but some of the selection decisions are odd. Williams did well first half but regressed second half, I'd maybe keep him there for now.