🔴🟡 Partick Thistle v Ayr United ⚫️⚪️ - Halloween extravaganza

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I could make up loads of stuff to prove a point, or I could look at the facts and see that Ayr have conceded on average 1.8 goals a game.

Much better than 2 a game, silly me, what am I like? 

hhahhahahahhahhaha yup . However where you do have a point is we are going to struggle tomorrow night . Regardless of Thistle's selection issues .

22 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

He can only dream of Wardlaws goalscoring prowess.

Poundland Justin Jackson possibly. Although i think his record was possibly also better so might be a bit unfair on JJ.

I loved Wardlaw. Phenomenal workrate.

Justin Jackson managed to finish as top scorer with 4 goals back in 93/94 (I think?). That season was before my time, but I remember reading about it.

Sounds as if Ngwenya is out for a while if he's going for a scan tomorrow, which leaves us with either one of the young midfielders or even Muirhead at RB for the foreseeable.

Fitzpatrick, Robinson, McMillan and McGinlay all still unavailable as well so one in one out from Friday's game.

22 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I loved Wardlaw. Phenomenal workrate.

Justin Jackson managed to finish as top scorer with 4 goals back in 93/94 (I think?). That season was before my time, but I remember reading about it.

We've had some rotten strikers in our time that's for sure. For some reason Brian Bilsland sticks in my mind although he hardly played.

Wonder if we've ever had a striker with a worse goals to games ratio that's played over 100 games like McKenzie?

5 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

We've had some rotten strikers in our time that's for sure. For some reason Brian Bilsland sticks in my mind although he hardly played.

Wonder if we've ever had a striker with a worse goals to games ratio that's played over 100 games like McKenzie?

Well, I doubt he has actually played at striker for a majority of those 100…

7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Sounds as if Ngwenya is out for a while if he's going for a scan tomorrow, which leaves us with either one of the young midfielders or even Muirhead at RB for the foreseeable.

Fitzpatrick, Robinson, McMillan and McGinlay all still unavailable as well so one in one out from Friday's game.

If it had not been for his performance against Arbroath, MacKenzie would come in at RB with no one really batting an eyelid. Disappointing to have so many out, Fitzpatrick I think will be again quite a big loss with the pace he usually brings to the side. 

6 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

0.07 goals per game.

james bond GIF by STARZ

4 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Mark mckenzie is beyond shite if he wasn't at ayr he'd be playing for Maybole or something. How he gets a start every week is beyond me and every other ayr fan I know.  Over 100 games and I think he's scored like less than 10 goals. 

129 games, 9 goals. 1 goal every 14.3 games.

That's what you'll have up front against you tomorrow night Partick. You can put your feet up and spark a cigar i feel.