Morton v Raith Rovers

27 minutes ago, alistairlow said:

I'm happy to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure that's only true of UEFA's "blocked hours" on a Saturday afternoon. For example, Raith TV streamed our most recent non-Saturday home league game (Partick Thistle, Friday 5th May 2023) on a pay-per-view basis. Maybe the agreement has changed since last season, but I don't think so.

Anyway, if Morton aren't offering PPV tonight that's their right and fair enough. What I'm asking is: is there any way for somebody that can't make it to Greenock tonight to watch the game? Ideally making Morton money while doing so.

Yeah crossed wires with the  new rules for overseas broadcasting where it has to be a subscription  not PPV but seems streaming might have been possible but we haven't bothered.

Our stream has been gubbed at times this season anyway so you probably aren't missing much from it.

Edited by Jamie_M

Need 4 points from today and Friday, I’d take the point tonight. Saturday’s result should hopefully lead to an improved atmosphere and a wee bit of confidence in the squad that hasn’t been there for some time. 

If he’s keeping the same team, fair play, but we’re going to need to make subs a lot earlier or Friday could be a problem.

2 hours ago, alistairlow said:

I'm happy to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure that's only true of UEFA's "blocked hours" on a Saturday afternoon. For example, Raith TV streamed our most recent non-Saturday home league game (Partick Thistle, Friday 5th May 2023) on a pay-per-view basis. Maybe the agreement has changed since last season, but I don't think so.

Anyway, if Morton aren't offering PPV tonight that's their right and fair enough. What I'm asking is: is there any way for somebody that can't make it to Greenock tonight to watch the game? Ideally making Morton money while doing so.

Correct and both Rangers and Celtic have offered it for their home games this week on the back of sellout stadiums. 

So a bit of an if or maybe Morton can make some money but have to balance with loss of through the door customers not an easy call!

11 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Correct and both Rangers and Celtic have offered it for their home games this week on the back of sellout stadiums. 

So a bit of an if or maybe Morton can make some money but have to balance with loss of through the door customers not an easy call!

The really amusing bit is Raith/RaithTV has said its policy this year that if you let us stream the away matches, you can stream from Stark’s Park. While that normally only helps the international viewers, surely Morton and TonTV could have got together with RaithTV and could have provided a way to stream PPV to at least their respective fans.

The only limit on the domestic PPV is the Saturday afternoon window, when a sufficient number of English games at the top level are being played (I think it’s something like 10 matches). https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/administration/marketing/blocked-broadcasting-hours/ (contains the dates and exception dates)

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Same team as Saturday,  Connolly on from the start, Easton on bench wi McGill, Hannah and Masson what a lovely bench again 🤔

No other options when some of our squad are made of wet paper. Need a better plan than Saturday and no horsing it long and high to small people with ropey first touches. 

33 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Same team as Saturday,  Connolly on from the start, Easton on bench wi McGill, Hannah and Masson what a lovely bench again 🤔

25 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Watson, Mathews, Gullan, Corr, Thomson, Hamilton,  all out injured , Ross, Arnott and Mitchell on loan........ 9 bloody players we cant call upon, it's a Miracle we are where we are

Matthews is a long term injured. Gullan has been out two weeks. Corr was almost back, then broke down on his comeback. Hamilton has been out about a fortnight. Watson is making progress after Murray put his hands up and admitted he made an error at Airdrie. 

Murray, Cameron and Potter will have worked with Lauren and Blair to have the players assessed and they'll have reached a decision based on the circumstances. There's absolutely no point pulling back Arnott or Mitchell who are players where we've got a wealth of experience. Ethan Ross is a situation where there's both a financial aspect (our wage budget gets relief from him being out - Barrowman previously said we were slightly over until our recent loans and it's not hard to imagine he's on a good wage) and also he needs game time for rehabilitation. Mitchell can't play for another SPFL club other than East Fife this season given he's already featured for us. Why haul back a lad who will be desperate for game time to warm a bench? 

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Matthews is a long term injured. Gullan has been out two weeks. Corr was almost back, then broke down on his comeback. Hamilton has been out about a fortnight. Watson is making progress after Murray put his hands up and admitted he made an error at Airdrie. 

Murray, Cameron and Potter will have worked with Lauren and Blair to have the players assessed and they'll have reached a decision based on the circumstances. There's absolutely no point pulling back Arnott or Mitchell who are players where we've got a wealth of experience. Ethan Ross is a situation where there's both a financial aspect (our wage budget gets relief from him being out - Barrowman previously said we were slightly over until our recent loans and it's not hard to imagine he's on a good wage) and also he needs game time for rehabilitation. Mitchell can't play for another SPFL club other than East Fife this season given he's already featured for us. Why haul back a lad who will be desperate for game time to warm a bench? 

Aye I  get what your saying, it seems longer than two that we've had the injuries,  Mathews and Corr I understand the foot problem, Gullan seems to play 2 games and is out for 3 lol

The loanees yes they needed to get game time, the point I was making is we're still 9 players down for all different reasons, out of a squad of 25

Edited by SirJimmyofNic