Aberdeen v The Rangers - 23/24 League Cup Final

Frank Grimes

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I believe so.  Not sure if he would be able to play if we were to appeal.

edit: we have appealed it, so I imagine he can play

edit edit: Appeal heard tomorrow, so he won't be playing as it was a red card all day long.

You're up and down like a brides nightie here m9.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

You're up and down like a brides nightie here m9.

I just want to be as concise and accurate in my answer as possible and was relaying the info as and when I got it. 

Also, f**k you. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

45 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Looks like a photoshop joke.

Does look a Photoshop job, but quick look on Rangers media and there is a link there! Obviously been removed now 

https://edmistonhouse.co.uk/en-GB/events/viaplay cup trophy - photo/2023-12-18_16.30/edmiston house?back=2&area=aa2e90a7-6fa1-ed11-83d1-904361e380c5&type=ga

Edited by betting competition

Putting pressure on officials again.

Scott Brown has branded the lack of penalties awarded against Rangers “incredible” - and claimed there’s no chance Aberdeen will be awarded a spot kick in Sunday’s Viaplay Cup Final.

Brown was playing for the Dons the last time the Ibrox side were penalised in their own box in a league match - 23 months and 71 games ago - when Lewis Ferguson netted in a 1-1 Pittodrie draw in January 2022. Those stats sparked a debate last week when BBC Sportsound presenter Richard Gordon claimed a bias “clearly exists”

Asked what the chances are of Aberdeen getting a spot kick on Sunday, Brown added: “None. I don’t think Aberdeen will get a penalty on those stats! Wow.” Rangers have had seven penalties awarded against them in the last 18 months outwith the league including two in the Viaplay Cup, one in the Scottish Cup and four in Europe

But Gordon claimed last week: “It would hardly be a stretch to suggest there is bias there. I am not suggesting it is intentional bias, that the referees are deliberately ignoring incidents, but for whatever reason, it clearly exists

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Scott Brown has branded the lack of penalties awarded against Rangers “incredible” - and claimed there’s no chance Aberdeen will be awarded a spot kick in Sunday’s Viaplay Cup Final.

Brown was playing for the Dons the last time the Ibrox side were penalised in their own box in a league match - 23 months and 71 games ago - when Lewis Ferguson netted in a 1-1 Pittodrie draw in January 2022. Those stats sparked a debate last week when BBC Sportsound presenter Richard Gordon claimed a bias “clearly exists”

Asked what the chances are of Aberdeen getting a spot kick on Sunday, Brown added: “None. I don’t think Aberdeen will get a penalty on those stats! Wow.” Rangers have had seven penalties awarded against them in the last 18 months outwith the league including two in the Viaplay Cup, one in the Scottish Cup and four in Europe

But Gordon claimed last week: “It would hardly be a stretch to suggest there is bias there. I am not suggesting it is intentional bias, that the referees are deliberately ignoring incidents, but for whatever reason, it clearly exists

Aye, predictable. It would be relevant if it were not for the fact that since we were promoted we have conceded more penalties in one off domestic cup games than any other current SPFL Premier League team.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Dons legend Scott Brown.

23 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, predictable. It would be relevant if it were not for the fact that since we were promoted we have conceded more penalties in one off domestic cup games than any other current SPFL Premier League team.

Are you suggesting that Scott Brown might not have the mental equipment to make a robust prediction based on historical statistics? He’s a well known enthusiast for Bayesian inference you know. 

9 hours ago, AJF said:

A lot of disclaimers there to get that stat out.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A lot of disclaimers there to get that stat out.

It wasn’t an entirely serious point. More facetious and poking fun at the arbitrary criteria for stats that are often used against us.