Aberdeen v The Rangers - 23/24 League Cup Final

Frank Grimes

42 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It's not different at all.  Both clubs are putting things in place in the eventuality that they win on Sunday.

It’s quite clearly different :lol:

Youd have to be naive to think every club doesn’t make provisional plans for if you win. You can’t just phone up the council on Monday morning and ask them to shut down the city centre. There will be t shirts made for players etc, sponsors want involved etc. 

But as soon you start publicly selling tickets for an event and taking money off punters then clearly you’ve taken it a step further. I’d be raging if Aberdeen were selling tickets for such an event this week. It would be ridiculous. 

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s quite clearly different :lol:

Youd have to be naive to think every club doesn’t make provisional plans for if you win. You can’t just phone up the council on Monday morning and ask them to shut down the city centre. There will be t shirts made for players etc, sponsors want involved etc. 

But as soon you start publicly selling tickets for an event and taking money off punters then clearly you’ve taken it a step further. I’d be raging if Aberdeen were selling tickets for such an event this week. It would be ridiculous. 

Glasgow City Council don't allow Rangers or Celtic to have open top bus parades generally, so Rangers are making their own arrangements.  The fact that your issue with it is that they've charged money for it (which I would imagine will be refunded in the event that we don't win) just seems petty tbh.

It's one club making arrangements one way and another club doing it another way.

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Glasgow City Council don't allow Rangers or Celtic to have open top bus parades generally, so Rangers are making their own arrangements.  The fact that your issue with it is that they've charged money for it (which I would imagine will be refunded in the event that we don't win) just seems petty tbh.

It's one club making arrangements one way and another club doing it another way.

It’s not an issue that’s particularly irked me, what irks me more is trying to draw equivalence. 

There’s nothing wrong with planning an event in advance and preparing for scenarios. In aberdeens case, it is just a necessity to put plans in place for an open top bus tour. What would be wrong would be if the club started announcing date, time etc of said parade.

It’s really not that big a deal, but the old firm self defence method of drawing equivalence on any criticism is tiresome. 

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Certainly the story being peddled by the Scottish media will be that Rangers/Celtic (delete as appropriate) have lost the cup/double dream dead/treble toppled etc etc.

Not that another team have won the cup.

Oh aye, Sundays result will tell us a lot about celtics success this season. 

5 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Open top bus parades are completely normal things for clubs with fans who can be trusted. These need to be arranged in advance. These arrangements have not been published in advance by AFC.

Advertising tickets for a photo with the cup before it’s even been won is completely different.

On 14/12/2023 at 12:06, KnightswoodBear said:

It's not different at all.  Both clubs are putting things in place in the eventuality that they win on Sunday.

Rangers actually sold tickets for an event that they don’t know will even happen. Getting a bus prepared is simply planning for an event that Aberdeen don’t know whether it will happen. World of difference.

On 14/12/2023 at 13:22, KnightswoodBear said:

It’s one club making arrangements one way and another club doing it another way.

You’re not wrong there.

6 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

It will be 4-1 to Sevco. 

Lammers scores all 4. 

That could be spot on. However, to come true, Tavenier would have to have come off injured and Lammers put on penalty duties.