Aberdeen v The Rangers - 23/24 League Cup Final

Frank Grimes

So yet again an arsecheek gets the whole of the North Stand meaning out of the North and South stands, undoubtedly the best seats in the house at Hampden, Rangers get 1 and a half an Aberdeen get a half. I've no particular issue with Rangers receiving more tickets but if they want more give them all the shitty seats behind the goals. There is absolutely no reason that Hampden can't be configured in such a way that Aberdeen get the North Stand and a couple of sections of the East and West and Rangers get the whole of the South and most of the East and West. Its a fucking shambles. 

Just now, lubo_blaha said:

Rangers fans seem to take paying more for tickets as a badge of honour. 

Typical staunch bootlicker attitude. 

Incredibly Unionist, Tory and Brexiteer of them IMO.

The Old Firm already get to pick their own end and dressing rooms at Hampden, so not starting with a 50/50 allocation makes even more of a mockery of Hampden supposedly being a neutral venue.

Hopefully Cormack kicks up as much shit as possible about this.

I think it would be fair enough not to start out with 50-50 for clubs like Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren etc, because there's no realistic way we'd ever sell out half of Hampden for a game against one of those two anyway, and it would be a waste of everyone's time to pretend otherwise. However, for Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen it's a totally different story.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think it would be fair enough not to start out with 50-50 for clubs like Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren etc, because there's no realistic way we'd ever sell out half of Hampden for a game against one of those two anyway, and it would be a waste of everyone's time to pretend otherwise. However, for Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen it's a totally different story.

In 1987 St Mirren took over 35,000 fans to a cup final without the OF in attendance. 
I appreciate that’s a long time ago. Subsequent cup final appearances have been in 2010 and 2013 in the LC with lesser numbers. Is that because the LC is not the showcase end of season cup final? 
I still think that with the current Hampden capacity that ALL clubs should be offered the opportunity to sell 50% of available capacity with tickets being sold in such a way that if by a certain point if not all sold are offered to the opposition. 

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Do other countries do this?

Down south, whether it’s been a cup final, semi-final or a play-off, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Wembley anything other than split down the middle. Even when there’s a diddy team involved.

If Liverpool were playing Bournemouth then Liverpool would have more fans there.

If Aberdeen want 50% they should start showing up for games. The crowd at that semi was absolutely pathetic.

1 minute ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

If Liverpool were playing Bournemouth then Liverpool would have more fans there.

If Aberdeen want 50% they should start showing up for games. The crowd at that semi was absolutely pathetic.

Can you show me a recent example of Wembley not being split down the middle?

1 minute ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Tell me when Rangers started showing up for semi finals in their own city? Was it when they had a string of them against Celtic, by any chance?