Aberdeen v The Rangers - 23/24 League Cup Final

Frank Grimes

55 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Clement is definitely our best manager in a long time.

Also Dessers was so shite it was painful. We need a goal scorer. 

Tav deserved that so much for the amount of times our own fans have questioned his mentality. 

?

Didn't look much different to how Beale had you playing. You just happened to take a chance today.

7 minutes ago, Donte Polvara said:

Disappointed with the result but I don't think the performance was a bad as a lot of others. Felt we defended well but just lacked the composure going forward. That wasn't helped mind you by Don Robertson refusing to give us a single 50-50. We definitely are lacking in the centre of the park who can actually control the game a bit. Hopefully we can kick on in the league and get some wins at home before sorting that out in January.

We’re crying out for a Ramadani type player in the middle. 

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

?

Didn't look much different to how Beale had you playing. You just happened to take a chance today.

We weren't great today but have definitely been good in our recent games, a lot better than how we were under Beale. I don't think we win today under Beale. 

1 minute ago, RuMoore said:

We weren't great today but have definitely been good in our recent games, a lot better than how we were under Beale. I don't think we win today under Beale. 

Fair enough.

I saw some of the game on Thursday and thought you did well but all of your managers do well counter attacking in Europe.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Looks like I'm off to the pub for this as it's only on viaplay. 

Was sure that finals had to be shown on a free to view channel. 

Pity you don't actually attend matches, rather than watch TV , in yer pish stained trakies  🤣 

An excellent end to what has been an outstanding 7 days following Rangers.

It was a rather eye-bleeding match but I never really expected it to be pretty, particularly after a demanding fixture away to Betis and the added tension that a cup final brings.

I thought McCausland was poor today and looked a couple of yards off the pace with nothing sticking. Even defensively you could tell Tavernier was at times unwilling to commit forward and leave us open due to the question marks about McCausland’s defensive awareness.

Sterling and Sima put in a shift while Tavernier steps up yet again to score a massive goal. The penalty merchant has a fair few to his name.

I’m not really sure what Aberdeen’s game plan was. I suppose it kept the game tight for a long spell but they really offered very little. Clarkson was a man down and how Shinnie escaped a booking for so long is baffling.

Some early silverware for Clement and it hopefully sees us kick on and keep up the momentum advantage we hold over Celtic.

Edited by AJF

Just now, tazz1903 said:

Another online C@nt  never been to IBROX . 🙄

Mate I’ve been a season ticket holder at Ibrox for the past 16 years. Doesn’t really change the fact that you made a needless comment to what was a rather innocuous post.

An uneventful match served up by two piss poor teams.

If Robson had anything about him as a manager he would've left out Hayes and Shinnie from the starting line up , utilised Clarkson behind the strikers, and had some width if he wanted to play two strikers.

I'm sick of him, I wanted to give him time but I've ran out of patience and goodwill.

Sevco are absolutely honking; however, not once did we seriously test their keeper.