Aberdeen v The Rangers - 23/24 League Cup Final

Frank Grimes

I’ve just seen the C*ntwell/Gartenmann shirt pull incident. To be honest, after the Gartenmann/Goldson penalty at Pittodrie a few weeks back, it was a stick on that exactly the same thing would happen yesterday the other way round, just to solidify that everyone knows how much power Rangers have over the refereeing establishment in this country. Absolute joke that’s not funny.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

The roar from the Rangers end and the silence of the lambs.

Barely heard a peep from the teddy bears for most of the game. North Stand was silent aside from a few of them watching us instead of the game. I thought they’d be more up for a cup final. 

Has never been the case when we’ve played Celtic, Hibs, Morton etc at Hampden. 

Edited by lubo_blaha

9 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Barely heard a peep from the teddy bears for most of the game. North Stand was silent aside from a few of them watching us instead of the game. I thought they’d be more up for a cup final. 

Has never been the case when we’ve played Celtic, Hibs, Morton etc at Hampden. 

I think this has more to do with Hampden than anything else. I was in North Stand section C3, and like you, barely heard the Aberdeen fans throughout the game. I just don’t think the sound from opposing sides carries well when there is a lot of noise going on around you. I couldn’t really even hear the UB chants starting in the West Stand despite them clearly bouncing around daft for 90 minutes.

Edited by AJF

3 hours ago, RuMoore said:

Is the ball in play when Cantwell has a hold of the shirt? 

Video I saw earlier suggests the ball wasn't in play and then when it's crossed in he let's go which would be different from the Goldson one. 

I haven’t seen what you have, if what you say is right then I will soften my stance on that incident. 

51 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I haven’t seen what you have, if what you say is right then I will soften my stance on that incident. 

I'm not even certain I just saw a Rangers fan account tweet about it.

Either way it's not worth too much debate to me, I don't know the precise rules but I don't think in my opinion on how the game should be that we should have got the Goldson one when we did and that Cantwell one shouldn't be a penalty either. 

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m not really convinced by the Duk/butland incident tbh. I’ve watched it several times and can’t really make up my mind. 

The shirt pull though was always going to happen. You could have bet your mortgage on a rangers player pulling a shirt in the box and it mysteriously not be seen as a foul. Possibly poetic that it’s the same teams, in a cup final with the same VAR ref looking at it. 

My thoughts exactly.

We both know it's given at the other end though.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

That’s one of the most bitter things I’ve ever read. Not even slating Aberdeen for it but it’s absolutely hilarious.

All diddies should submit similar reports after to losing to either of those two.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

That’s one of the most bitter things I’ve ever read. Not even slating Aberdeen for it but it’s absolutely hilarious.

A team gets a couple of results against Rangers and thinks that Sevco is there for the taking.

It doesn't go their way and they take the huff.

52 minutes ago, bennett said:

A team gets a couple of results against Rangers and thinks that Sevco is there for the taking.

It doesn't go their way and they take the huff.

A more accurate summary is that all teams outwith the bigot brothers are unhappy with the obvious discrepancy in positive decisions awarded to them in comparison to said shameless chancers. 

No-one is surprised when there is a lack of reference or analysis to these overlooked decisions from a Glasgow based sports media that almost exclusively produces content aimed at these two clubs. Therefore, if the other clubs choose to document their view of events it’s typical lazy Glasgow journalism to perceive this as unjustified and sell it as content.