Dundee FC vs The Pride of Renfrewshire, AKA St. Mirren - Armistice Day, 2023

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Using @TPAFKA Jersey 2 weird use of time parameters, I just went and checked what the stats were since I started watching Dundee.

Played: 45

Dundee Wins: 21

St Mirren Wins: 21

Draws: 3

Using the Dee Archive as a reference, if St Mirren win on Saturday it'll be their longest winning run against us in their history having currently won the previous 4 games. Their longest unbeaten run against us totaled 8 games, however, when we failed to beat them in 8 attempts from 1982-1984 which included 4 draws.

We last won 5 games against St Mirren on the bounce between 1996 & 1997 although we have done it a few times. Our longest unbeaten run stretches from 1963-1969 when we went 10 unbeaten which included 9 wins. Indeed, we only lost twice to St Mirren in 19 games around that period with one game being in the Scottish Cup.

Just some useless information to chuck in amongst the sea of shite here.

Brace yourself for choppier, shittier waters until the game is done. 

Really interesting all these stats so thought I would join in. Since I've been alive:

Dundee: Non-Diddy

St Miren: Diddy

Paisley is also known to be the dregs of Scotland and for that reason the Diddy stakes are increased.

I felt genuine sorrow for the natives of Paisley last time I was there - must be fucking horrendous. Thought it was a shoe in for the levelling up scheme however levelling up Paisley to a place like Dundee would be like attempting to level a see saw with feathers on one end and the fat-filled frame of the Granny Danger on the other side. That is with Dundee in dramatic regression as a City.

Dundee win here.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

5 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

Of course. Another important stat is just like their Glasgow Derry cousins, they're a financial basket case too. 

Dundee admins   2

St mirren admins 0

Thank you for pointing out that we, the fans, saved our club twice.  Not every support has been able or willing to do that.

37 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Thread is a fucking bin fire of seethe and it's only Wednesday. 

It's still the least cringiest thread we've shared with the Maureens in some time, which is saying something - probably because the Hibees are currently getting the worst of it from the usual gang of mugs. Look forward to seeing it deteriorate further tomorrow.

Hopefully Hibs give Saints a proper workout and we do what we do well and wear our opponent down until we break through. I'll take a result of any kind, but I really don't see why we can't go and win this one.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Using @TPAFKA Jersey 2 weird use of time parameters, I just went and checked what the stats were since I started watching Dundee.

Played: 45

Dundee Wins: 21

St Mirren Wins: 21

Draws: 3

Using the Dee Archive as a reference, if St Mirren win on Saturday it'll be their longest winning run against us in their history having currently won the previous 4 games. Their longest unbeaten run against us totaled 8 games, however, when we failed to beat them in 8 attempts from 1982-1984 which included 4 draws.

We last won 5 games against St Mirren on the bounce between 1996 & 1997 although we have done it a few times. Our longest unbeaten run stretches from 1963-1969 when we went 10 unbeaten which included 9 wins. Indeed, we only lost twice to St Mirren in 19 games around that period with one game being in the Scottish Cup.

Just some useless information to chuck in amongst the sea of shite here.

Good post mate although there was nothing weird about my use of time parameters. They reflected exactly the period I have been watching St. Mirren, therefore, reflect my perception of where St. Mirren sit relative to Dundee. 
Younger people and older people will have different perceptions 👍

11 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Interesting take...

St Mirren.jpg

Searching the photo, it appears to be from 1987. 

I started going to games in the early 90s. The only clubs I can remember seeing union flags are Rangers, Airdrie and Hearts. But I've seen photos like this of a few clubs.

Quite interesting how things shift, I bet if any fans (of almost any club) turned up with a union flag today they'd be given short by their fellow supporters. 

4 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Searching the photo, it appears to be from 1987. 

I started going to games in the early 90s. The only clubs I can remember seeing union flags are Rangers, Airdrie and Hearts. But I've seen photos like this of a few clubs.

Quite interesting how things shift, I bet if any fans (of almost any club) turned up with a union flag today they'd be given short by their fellow supporters. 

It's synonymous with these dafty casual gangs that every club had during those times. They also used to have a fetish over nazi signs. Thankfully there are a lot less morons around nowadays. You'd be hard pressed to find any club in Scotland now that would be accepting of this sort of shite and we are much better for it. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Good post mate although there was nothing weird about my use of time parameters. They reflected exactly the period I have been watching St. Mirren, therefore, reflect my perception of where St. Mirren sit relative to Dundee. 
Younger people and older people will have different perceptions 👍

That's bollocks though.  No reasonable person honestly believes that only stuff that's happened in their 'time' counts and can legitimately discount what went before. 

Onwards to the game. 

One thing we can expect is that big sexy Joe will be applauded by Saints fans and Carshun will be booooooed. 

Should hopefully be a cracking game. 

Unfortunately it will most likely be controversial with poor refereeing and shite VAR decisions. 

4-0 St Mirren McGarvey 3, Stark.