Dundee FC vs The Pride of Renfrewshire, AKA St. Mirren - Armistice Day, 2023

On 08/11/2023 at 23:19, houston_bud said:

Searching the photo, it appears to be from 1987. 

I started going to games in the early 90s. The only clubs I can remember seeing union flags are Rangers, Airdrie and Hearts. But I've seen photos like this of a few clubs.

Quite interesting how things shift, I bet if any fans (of almost any club) turned up with a union flag today they'd be given short by their fellow supporters. 

A fair, balanced and sensible post. Just a pity a lot of your fellow Buddies in here persist in trying to tar the Dees with the same brush as the current buns

41 minutes ago, Ric said:

Seeing as this thread is already a dumpster fire, I'll just leave these here...

Crime

Reveal hidden contents

QXQF8St.png

Drugs

Reveal hidden contents

MNccsKq.png

Anti-Social Behaviour

Reveal hidden contents

vKV5x07.png

"thank you"

I was wondering why the majority of you lot spend your time on here bringing everyone else down by making match threads entirely unreadable. Then this popped up...

Paisley.JPG

3 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I was wondering why the majority of you lot spend your time on here bringing everyone else down by making match threads entirely unreadable. Then this popped up...

Paisley.JPG

:lol:

Did you actually read the article before posting this "hopeful gotcha"?

Based on the total number of sunlight hours an area has over the winter period, the study shows that Paisley is one of the most naturally unhappy places, with the town only seeing 140 hours of predicted sunlight this winter.

That's some science right there!

1 minute ago, Ric said:

:lol:

Did you actually read the article before posting this "hopeful gotcha"?

That's some science right there!

Nope I just took a headline, like you did, to make some snide remark about a place where people live. As if Paisley is some sort of Scottish Beverly Hills.

4 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Nope I just took a headline, like you did, to make some snide remark about a place where people live. As if Paisley is some sort of Scottish Beverly Hills.

Struggling for relevance here, PD.

I'm spitting facts, you are throwing out pseudo science.. :D

Also, where have I defended Paisley? It seems you've gotten your jimmies so rustled you've assumed this was a zero-sum game! ;)

Edit: btw, get yourself an ad-blocker there, chum, that's just friendly advice! 💻

Edited by Ric

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Also, where have I defended Paisley? It seems you've gotten your jimmies so rustled you've assumed this was a zero-sum game! ;)

Some football chat would be nice. I suspect you've got nothing interesting to say about that either.

51 minutes ago, Ric said:

Edit: btw, get yourself an ad-blocker there, chum, that's just friendly advice! 💻

Posting more like @virginton each day.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Categorising domestic abuse under anti-social behaviour is... interesting.

"antagonistic , hostile , or unfriendly toward others; menacing"

..that said, if the categorisation is an issue, provide me with an alternative and I'll edit the post.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Categorising domestic abuse under anti-social behaviour is... interesting.

1-1 draw tomorrow. 

Will be interesting to see how tomorrow plays out compared to our first game this season. Obviously our defence since then has improved drastically whilst not really scoring much from open play. Clearly our best chance of scoring goals is from set plays and St Mirrens best chance of coming away with a good result is defending them. Some stats nicked from the bbc below:

• Dundee have lost their last three league meetings with St Mirren, while at home the Dark Blues are winless in five top-flight contests against the Buddies (D2 L3) since a 2-1 victory in March 2013.

• St Mirren have only lost one of their last six league games against newly-promoted opposition (W3 D2), with their three wins in this period all coming over Dundee (two in 2021-22, one this season).

• Dundee have won two of their last three Scottish Premiership matches (L1), which is as many victories as they managed in their previous 21 such games (W2 D10 L9).

• St Mirren have only lost one of their five away league games this season (W2 D2), although that was their last such outing at Celtic (2-1).

• Four of Luke McCowan’s six Premiership goals for Dundee have come at home (67%), including their winner over Livingston last time out.