Dundee FC vs The Pride of Renfrewshire, AKA St. Mirren - Armistice Day, 2023

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ironically, your captain and best player is a Dundee cast off.

You are right to highlight how Dundee ruined him. It's only once he received Robinson's tutelage has he been able to really develop. :)

Very difficult game tomorrow.

Dundee seem to have developed into a competent team who can grind out a victory.

We'll definitely need to play better than on Wednesday if we want to win the game.

Starting Baccus and cutting out the uncharacteristic mistakes at the back would help.

Edited by FTOF

4 hours ago, Ric said:

"antagonistic , hostile , or unfriendly toward others; menacing"

..that said, if the categorisation is an issue, provide me with an alternative and I'll edit the post.

I don't believe anybody would (or should) file domestic abuse under anti-social behaviour, even if that broad definition loosely applies. 

I'd just call it what it is, tbh.

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to derail an otherwise wonderful thread.

13 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I don't believe anybody would (or should) file domestic abuse under anti-social behaviour, even if that broad definition loosely applies. 

I'd just call it what it is, tbh.

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to derail an otherwise wonderful thread.

I wouldn't put much stock in the category I used, it was clearly not intended to be anything other than a shit post.

I also hope you don't think I am in some way lessening the impact of domestic abuse. If you do, I could explain a few things (in DM) as to why that would never be the case.

There's a sickness bug going through the St Mirren staff, looks like at least 2 players out:

Concerned Robinson told Renfrewshire Live Sport: “We’ve had a bit of bug hit the club. We’ve had the training ground deep cleaned to give ourselves a chance to stop it spreading as much as possible. Fingers crossed, we’re hoping we’ve contained it. We’re two players down with sickness and diarrhoea and three or four of the staff too who seem to be dropping like flies at the minute with it. Hopefully we can stop it spreading and I’ll probably delay naming my team until Saturday morning.

I’m feeling fine. I’m the only staff member now that’s never missed a day’s training - that’s a record to be proud of! Seriously though, we’ve got to try and keep as many players fit and available. It actually hit before the Hibs game. One of the players was sick during the game at half-time, but he’s now come back OK. We’ve got a small squad and we can’t afford to have four or five going down with it. We’ve got a few struggling that fear it might be coming on still. But it happens to every club at some stage, working in a closed environment where everyone trains together and showers in the same place.

We’re just limiting the amount of contact we’re making with each other and hopefully we can get through to the international break, which will give them a better chance for time to recover away from the club.”

Tough game even with the cold bug going round the squad. Our away form has been a bit ropey and the last 2 games we have started badly. Time to give LJ a start with Grieve in place of Kilty and McMenamin. 

Edited by AW saint

On 09/11/2023 at 19:04, pozbaird said:

All joking aside, that’s why I genuinely have a soft spot for Morton. (Stop sniggering at the back). The amount of OF fans down there piling onto buses bound for the uglies? They stick by their team though. Too bad they’re perma-pish though. Would love top flight Renfrewshire derbies.

You've had a long wait - 35 years now? And likely another 2 years at least if they go down.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh