Dundee FC vs The Pride of Renfrewshire, AKA St. Mirren - Armistice Day, 2023

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

They are still fookin doing this, now it’s the VAR mistakes.

It is the human element of all this, not the technology, that is the causes of that.

I fully support people complaining about the time VAR takes, the subjects which it will and won't review, how the 4th officials (or VAR assistants) make their observations known (or not) and why a referee can look at a very clear instance of cheating yet ignore that evidence and rely on their own instincts.

Ultimately though, when you strip it down to its component parts, the technology VAR uses is more precise and accurate than any human can be, and that tech will only improve. What needs to improve along with it is the officiating, and it's fucking criminal for the SPFL to introduce VAR mid way through a season when it's clear their officials were not ready for it's introduction.

43 minutes ago, Ric said:

So just ditch it and replace it with people in the Sportscene studio reviewing the video pointing out the error 5 hours later? That's what happened before. I see no reason for the referee not to be shown that replay at the very time when they can influence the play if that replay is available. At least you know that the referee has had the ability to look at it again and it rules out the "honest mistake" excuse that used to be trotted out when the ref refused to give a blatant penalty against the OF.

Is it VARs fault that the law states any contact with the hand from the goal scorer rules out the goal? It is FIFA that decides that shit, yet VAR is blamed because it has video showing the hand being hit.

No, I find the whole "ditch it, we were better off before" attitude akin to people smashing spinning Jennys. The technology isn't going away, and in fact it's only going to get better. It is infinitely better at being able to identify offside or fouls than referees as has been shown.

No, the weak link in the chain is not the tech, it's the officials, their ability to understand and interpret the rules and those who are making the rules and not understanding how VAR will reflect those changes.

I liked the principle of VAR, I don’t like it as I see it in Scotland. In a similar way to me quite liking the way the Old Firm are refereed in Europe, as opposed to how they are refereed here. I’d actually be happier if VAR teams in Scotland were flown in from France, Germany or the dark side of the moon, sat down, given the technology, and said - do your job with the game, how many sugars in your tea again? 

Clearly not happening, so, if my attitude to officialdom in Scotland - they’re shite, and borderline corrupt in certain instances, then fine, I deserve to be shouted down for being a tinfoil hat wearing diddy team supporter.

22 minutes ago, Ric said:

It is the human element of all this, not the technology, that is the causes of that.

I fully support people complaining about the time VAR takes, the subjects which it will and won't review, how the 4th officials (or VAR assistants) make their observations known (or not) and why a referee can look at a very clear instance of cheating yet ignore that evidence and rely on their own instincts.

Ultimately though, when you strip it down to its component parts, the technology VAR uses is more precise and accurate than any human can be, and that tech will only improve. What needs to improve along with it is the officiating, and it's fucking criminal for the SPFL to introduce VAR mid way through a season when it's clear their officials were not ready for it's introduction.

Actually, it's the limited technology that is employed at our grounds that is causing some of the shitstorms that arise.

Not enough cameras to prove without doubt that something has or has not happened.

The bare minimum of technology is being used. as for many clubs £100K+ in some cases (ours at the moment)is already putting clubs under a degree of financial strain.

However, the "rules" of VAR and the inconsistencies of the official's interpretation of incidents are as much to blame.

19 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Or in any other part of Glasgow. 

Glasgow is my go to for a good night out. Glasgow is not just one of the best cities in Scotland it's one of the best in the UK. Plenty travel books agree with me . So cheers it's a privilege you consider Paisley is Glasgow. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

O’Hara obviously one of the players with the bug, but no one else significant appears to be missing. 

Perhaps this sickness bug might explain the slightly below par performance against Hibs even though if you listen to Robbos post match interviews we played really well. 🤔 😜 

Lets race to an early lead and then breathe on their players!

Wonder if we will see any of our players do a runner mid game? 

Was it Jose Quitongo who has to leave early one game away to Ross County under Tom Hendrie?

29 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Robinson saying that they’ve done a “deep clean” of the training facilities to tackle the virus. Anyone want to hazard a guess at what that means in Paisley??? 

We send our rapid response haz-mat team in. Here she is. Bottle of Vim in hand, and ready with a loud Boooooo! Angry as fcuk. Like all St Mirren fans. Fcukingggg…. BOOOOO!

FCCC8668-4D98-4640-86FB-6D271675EA5E.jpeg