What was Michael Matheson actually doing ?

superbigal

10 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Honestly, the worst part is him pretending to be a Thistle supporter. 

I did clock him at Firhill earlier this season.

The first and only time I've ever seen him at one of our games, right enough.

51 minutes ago, Clangers said:

Have the SFA asked him yet what site he was watching these matches (sry only his boys) on? Hopefully it wasn’t an illegal streaming site as surely that would be so embarrassing he would feel obliged to resign!

f**k all to do with the SFA and it’s legal to watch games outside the UK. Other than that, great post. 

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

If you're raging about the eleven grand, you will explode with rage when you find out about the hundreds of millions that were pilfered during the pandemic.

I did then. I do now. And will do in the future. 

Fcuking boo as we shout in Paisley. 

Thank you as they say in Dundee

The presiding officer certainly earned her corn yesterday. Suppressing any hostility or difficult comments must have been comforting for the continuity candidate. Also forgetting he should be answering questions and not sign posting Mathesons crocodile tears is a selfless act 

a

39 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The presiding officer certainly earned her corn yesterday. Suppressing any hostility or difficult comments must have been comforting for the continuity candidate. Also forgetting he should be answering questions and not sign posting Mathesons crocodile tears is a selfless act 

a

Puzzle Crossword GIF by Beeld en Geluid

1) The cover-up is worse than the offence, which paying in full would be ample punishment for. Bonus points for adding to the tinpot nature of our national scandals.

2) Matheson would be no loss to anybody in competence terms.

3) The absolute brass neck of the Douglas Ross party who waved off the brazen corruption of Boris Johnson and co. is risible.

All of these things can be true at the same time.

And while all politicians are not just the same, the only reason why Labour/busted flushes don't have nose in trough stories is down to their supreme failure at winning office.

I can't get too worked up about this, but I also didn't give too much of a toss about the MP expenses scandal either. Minor incompetence and/or grift is not in my top 100 problems to address in this society.

10 hours ago, virginton said:

Minor incompetence and/or grift is not in my top 100 problems to address in this society.

Have to agree with much of what you say. However these incompetent politicians are frankly total kunts.

I seriously think we need a new thread on the forum where we can discuss your top 100.

VT for FM!

13 hours ago, TheScarf said:

11k of tax payers money wasted by a Scottish nationalist and unionists on here want him executed.  You couldn’t mark some of you c***s necks with a blowtorch.

Considering the thread is filled with Indy supporters quite rightly doing the correct thing and condemning the guy that's on their side this is a very weird post. 

13 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Considering the thread is filled with Indy supporters quite rightly doing the correct thing and condemning the guy that's on their side this is a very weird post. 

It’s not a weird post at all. What is weird is being in oceans of tears because a nationalist wasted 11k of taxpayers money that is getting paid back in full. 

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It’s not a weird post at all. What is weird is being in oceans of tears because a nationalist wasted 11k of taxpayers money that is getting paid back in full. 

The weird part is trying to shoehorn it into some Nationalist vs Unionist debate when most posters on either side have said it's ridiculous behaviour. 

Nobody on here is in oceans of tears or wanting the silly c**t executed so the exaggerations you're making are therefore fabricated and your take on the discussion to make it about Unionists is quite bizarre. It's also broadly accepted people's concern is aimed at, you know the whole lying about it all to try and get away with it rather than the initial diddyesque scandal itself. 

6 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

The weird part is trying to shoehorn it into some Nationalist vs Unionist debate when most posters on either side have said it's ridiculous behaviour. 

Nobody on here is in oceans of tears or wanting the silly c**t executed so the exaggerations you're making are therefore fabricated and your take on the discussion to make it about Unionists is quite bizarre. It's also broadly accepted people's concern is aimed at, you know the whole lying about it all to try and get away with it rather than the initial diddyesque scandal itself. 

You’re at it. The fact that it’s a nationalist at the centre of the issues is the whole reason it’s being being dragged out for so long. If it was some no mark from a Unionist, right wing party like Labour or the Tories you can pretty much guarantee it wouldn’t make the news. It’s an SNP-bash, simple as that. I don’t even vote for them but I find this whole scandal absolutely laughable. 

Matheson has dug his own hole - misrepsented a very minor issue at almost every turn and had the arrogance to consider that the costs should not apply to him. He should have paid it at the outset and if he wouldn't (as he earlier maintained), then he should have set out the reasons why he thought this was something he should be able to claim back as an expense. I firmly believe he should get his jotters as his credibility is in tatters and it would be all entirely self-inflicted. 

I also believe Johnson, Mone, Hancock, Rees-Mogg, Zahawi etc etc should have been sacked from their posts/as MPs/HoLs for similar acts of dishonesty and mis-use of tax payers money. I could easily evidence previous posts on here where I have set that out. If a poster calls for Matheson to go but would struggle to refer to a previous post rallying against Govt (and wider Westminster) corruption and misrepesentation - and I would suggest there are many currently commenting who would not be able to - then the (mis)use of tax-payer's money and the issue of government honesty and transparency is not really a primary concern for you when it comes to Matheson. 

25 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Not many here are doing that.

However, that isn't the case outside in the real world where the usual suspects are playing their stupid games.

The media are also all over it in a way they aren't with the current UK government.

Matheson should be forced to go but the same standards should be applied to the crooks running the UK.

They aren't. 

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You’re at it. The fact that it’s a nationalist at the centre of the issues is the whole reason it’s being being dragged out for so long. If it was some no mark from a Unionist, right wing party like Labour or the Tories you can pretty much guarantee it wouldn’t make the news. It’s an SNP-bash, simple as that. I don’t even vote for them but I find this whole scandal absolutely laughable. 

It's being dragged out as many Indy supporters have pointed out because of the attempted cover up, if he had admitted it straight away and paid the money back nobody would care. 

Think you perhaps need to take off your tinfoil hat tbh. 

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not many here are doing that.

Hiwever, hat isn't the case outside in the real world where the usual suspects are playing their stupid games.

Yeah of course i was only responding to the one guy who was trying to frame it down some Indy divisive line on here when nobody else is doing that. 

You're spot on it'll be rocket fuel for the Twitter roasters and other websites though. 

Edited by RuMoore

3 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

It's being dragged out as many Indy supporters have pointed out because of the attempted cover up, if he had admitted it straight away and paid the money back nobody would care. 

Think you perhaps need to take off your tinfoil hat tbh. 

Yeah of course i was only responding to the one guy who was trying to frame it down some Indy divisive line on here when nobody is doing that. 

You're spot on it'll be rocket fuel for the Twitter roasters and other websites though. 

There’s plenty of Unionists on here making a huge deal of it, this type of thing is obviously catnip for an SNP bash on Twitter, but to say it’s Nationalists dragging it out for longer is plain wrong. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

There’s plenty of Unionists on here making a huge deal of it, this type of thing is obviously catnip for an SNP bash on Twitter, but to say it’s Nationalists dragging it out for longer is plain wrong. 

I've barely seen any, maybe you could quote them?

It's not "Nationalists" as a wider movement it's literally just that one fanny who's to blame that's quite rightly now universally being condemned for trying to cover up his initial relativley minor mistake. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I cannot recall one post on this particular topic framed as SNPBaaad. It is entirely about his incompetence, arrogance and mendacity.

You’ve been on this particular hobby horse for two days now and you’re still wrong.