Terrible patter on the forum

7 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Beginning to think yous just don't like "patter" because its a word originating from Strathclyde.

Another example of the Tuechar inferiority complex imo. (Many such cases)

8 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Beginning to think yous just don't like "patter" because its a word originating from Strathclyde.

Fairly sure it's not. Weegies just use it a lot in broader contexts than what it usually means. 

12 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Nearly -

Patter: talk glibly or rapidly, chatter," mid-15c., from Middle English pateren "mumble prayers rapidly" (late 14c.),

It's not just a P&B thing, and other places are much worse for it ("Scottish Twitter"), but accent patter is quite bad IMO. It seems to have become much more of a thing over the past year or so; basically anybody who has a Scottish accent that isn't broad Glaswegian getting hit with "that accent, man!" patter. I mostly blame Limmy. 

I'm not that keen on "gammon" though in its favour it's classless, unlike the American near equivalents of "cracker" and "redneck". It perfectly describes the golf club pringled bore who ends up on Question Time with his veins popping in indignation that Britain isn't like 1950s Rhodesia.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

What is the reason?

A poster named @Sebu joined the board. He was from France (he done a dance) and he collected scarves. Much of the board gave him a cold shoulder but not The Derry. He was welcomed and with a warm embrace just like @jagfox got from me at hospitality one day, instantly became family.

I like to think whenever there is a scarf memorial left at Dens one of the boys scoop them up - at a time seemed fit - and sends them to Sebu to roll around with his cats in a wool/polyester Derry bed.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

It's not just a P&B thing, and other places are much worse for it ("Scottish Twitter"), but accent patter is quite bad IMO. It seems to have become much more of a thing over the past year or so; basically anybody who has a Scottish accent that isn't broad Glaswegian getting hit with "that accent, man!" patter. I mostly blame Limmy. 

The Glasgow accent is dire.