The Citizens v The Wasps

Andy Graham looking to have that new manager bounce to creep towards the play off places while Michael McIndoe looks for his second league win to try and close that gap at the bottom of the table .  The last game ended 1-1, so another tight game expected.

Hopefully a narrow win for City.

A big game this in my opinion. Not to put too much pressure on Andy in his first game but a few weeks ago I really wasn't confident on Alloa winning any game, now we are in a position that pushing for 4th place seems a lot more likely. 

I don't think Andy will make too many changes to the formation but hopefully will bring stability to the starting 11 and play players in their natural positions more often than not.

Edinburgh 0-1 Alloa

23 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

There'll be at least one change for us https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-under-19-named-for-euro-2024-qualifying-round/?rid=4420

Quinn Coulson in and nudge Steven forward or straight swap for Rodden is the biggest question.

Straight swap for Rodden. Harsh on Coulson but Steven so much more effective in behind and not up top. 

37 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Straight swap for Rodden. Harsh on Coulson but Steven so much more effective in behind and not up top. 

I'd actually start either Cawley or Scougall, assuming fit, before either of them.

But Rodden over Quinn if that's the choice. Don't think that's particularly harsh on Coulson; he's had one good game this season.

1 hour ago, Bay Citizen said:

Andy Graham looking to have that new manager bounce to creep towards the play off places while Michael McIndoe looks for his second league win to try and close that gap at the bottom of the table .  The last game ended 1-1, so another tight game expected.

Hopefully a narrow win for City.

Not sure how much of a bounce is possible, given we've won three of our last four games including two wins and clean sheets in a row before this game. 🙂

54 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Agree with getting Rodden in, I’ve been desperate to see him and Roy start.  
I’d say Coulson was better from wide whereas Steven can link up from more of the park. It all depends on the formation Andy puts out. Wouldn’t be disappointed if either or both were in the team. 

3-1 Alloa, Andy to stick himself up front and bag a hattrick.

Agree I'd like to see Rodden and Roy up top together, it's a bit harsh on Coulson who done well against Stirling but bringing in Rodden means we don't have to move Steven up with Roy. Other than the forcer change, don't think I'd make any more.

The constant asks for Rodden to start continue to baffle me, he's rubbish. It's almost as if people don't remember the performance's he put in to be dropped. Hopefully seeing as Andy has been here for a while he will know that Kevin Cawley is still quite clearly one of our best players and will know he should be playing in behind the striker. Playing Roy up front on his own with Steven and Cawley in behind would be my team (assuming Scougall won't make it).

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Tough game,  not the worst team in the league despite their position ,  i will take a scrappy one nil ... 

Rodden to score   @AlloaAdam

No doubt 😆 Scored in his last start and has been dropped for the last 3 games since then which tells the story of how bad he was that day. We're a better team if he's not in it but if he scores a hat-trick tomorrow I will happily take my medicine (until next week!).

Wales will be a big miss, he has really been coming onto a game in recent weeks and even without goals, his link up play and movement have helped the team and made us much more dangerous. We do have other creative options though who although they don't play the same way as Wales, can fit in and help create and link things up. Scougall if he is fit, or Kev, or Coulson. Brad Rodden works so hard and will have a go if the ball falls to him, but he doesn't bring the movement and link up play. If there is a role for him, it's as an impact sub when games have opened right up or if all else has failed and someone running all over the place might just unsettle things. If we're trying to unlock a defence it's just not his game and we've seen that so often when he's started. 

Great interview with Andy Graham in the Advertiser and so refreshing to have a manager opening up like this:

https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/23931530.andy-graham-accepting-alloa-job-no-brainer/

Edited by Waspie

Been a mixed bag under McIndoe so far - 2 good performances (1 point), 1 okay performance (3 points) and 1 dreadful performance (0 points)

Not quite at absolutely must win stage yet, more like, the could really do with winning here to be quite honest with you stage.

I think we'll probably lose and that will make me sad

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Wales will be a big miss, he has really been coming onto a game in recent weeks and even without goals, his link up play and movement have helped the team and made us much more dangerous. We do have other creative options though who although they don't play the same way as Wales, can fit in and help create and link things up. Scougall if he is fit, or Kev, or Coulson. Brad Rodden works so hard and will have a go if the ball falls to him, but he doesn't bring the movement and link up play. If there is a role for him, it's as an impact sub when games have opened right up or if all else has failed and someone running all over the place might just unsettle things. If we're trying to unlock a defence it's just not his game and we've seen that so often when he's started. 

Great interview with Andy Graham in the Advertiser and so refreshing to have a manager opening up like this:

https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/23931530.andy-graham-accepting-alloa-job-no-brainer/

Articulate, open, honest. It's going to be enjoyable and interesting seeing how Andy goes about the job, deals with the players and problems as they come along.

Anyone know Neil Marshall's background?

Edited by printer

15 hours ago, Waspie said:

Really good to see, I think Andy having a very positive relationship with the fans is going to really help too with support off the field. Remember a good few player of the year nights with Andy bringing the patter (and the songs) and definitely getting involved with the supporters. Glasgow cat at the leisure bowl being the highlight. Would be nice to get a Q and A with him in the pre season like we used to have most pre seasons.

14 hours ago, printer said:

Articulate, open, honest. It's going to be enjoyable and interesting seeing how Andy goes about the job, deals with the players and problems as they come along.

Anyone know Neil Marshall's background?

Assume its on the phone for the advertiser but it's Niall (Pronounced Neil) Marshall if you want to give him a Google. Was Stirling Albion head of youth development.