George Galloway derby

MazzyStar

45 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

35 shots to 9! And we are through! Unbelievable!

Think Stone must have saved about 20 odd of those shots brilliant performance 

Amazing if every player gives 100 % and really puts the work in you will get the result .

Won a penalty shoot  out as well .

Such a gutsy performance from us.

It might seem like a stretch to say we deserved it, given how many attempts on goal Dundee United had, but I think we almost did.

I say that, not just because of how fraught it's all been with Queens recently, but because United's equaliser involved one of the most blatant handballs I've seen someone get away with.  I can well understand the ref not seeing it from his angle, but the linesman simply must have.  To let the goal stand was utterly inexplicable.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Such a gutsy performance from us.

It might seem like stretch to say we deserved it, given how many attempts on goal Dundee United had, but I think we almost did.

I say that, not just because of how fraught it's all been with Queens recently, but because United's equaliser involved one of the most blatant handballs I've seen someone get away with.  I can well understand the ref not seeing it from his angle, but the linesman simply must have.  To let the goal stand was utterly inexplicable.

Aye, that was ridiculous from the linesman. The keeper had some good saves but United's shooting was lacklustre. Thought McClelland was excellent. Poor MacIntyre got beaten every time on his side though. Knew the baldy would miss the pen. 

On the pen shootout - I thought you had to remain fairly still on the goal line nowadays rather than doing antics of the goal line trying to intimidate the pen takers. Nice to see it didn't work.

Also thought it was brave of the young pen takers stepping up so soon after coming on