Thanksgiving Thursday/Black Friday

lichtie23

Guest DannyBlue

What a nightmare from Goff, he just can't lead a Superbowl winner. Fine as a bridge as the Lions rebuilt but they'll always fall short with him I reckon.

2 minutes ago, DannyBlue said:

What a nightmare from Goff, he just can't lead a Superbowl winner. Fine as a bridge as the Lions rebuilt but they'll always fall short with him I reckon.

That's why the Rams made that trade a few years back. Lions may need to do something similar to maximise the potential on offence.

TBH I think they have plenty O even with Goff under Center. He just needs to cut out the idiot stuff and play within the system. Detroit's shortcomings are on the other side of the ball.

I suppose there's a case for adding even more O purely because your D gets its teeth kicked in every other week, but it shouldn't be necessary, and adding some talent to the D should theoretically be much cheaper and easier than trying to lure an already established top tier QB. 

They could go after Cousins or something if the Vikes bin him, but I don't really see that as a step up from Goff, at least, not enough of a difference maker if the D is still hopeless.

13 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Who the f**k is this? 

Just what I was thinking during the 1st quarter, this has not been the Lions we’ve been watching this season, but an early score in the 2nd half and we’re right back in it!!!

15 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Crazy call to go for that on 4th down, fine line between gutsy and stupid. Packers take full advantage apart from not making the 2 point conversion. 

I get "the analytics say.." etc, but I think HC's often forget to look at the game clock when making these decisions. 

There was no need for the Packers to go chasing points with that 2pt attempt, and I bet had the Lions scored on that last drive they'd also have gone for 2, which I believe is categorically the wrong decision and completely moronic.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

I get "the analytics say.." etc, but I think HC's often forget to look at the game clock when making these decisions. 

There was no need for the Packers to go chasing points with that 2pt attempt, and I bet had the Lions scored on that last drive they'd also have gone for 2, which I believe is categorically the wrong decision and completely moronic.

Having reduced the deficit the Lions couldn't let the Packers score next, risking giving them the ball back in their own redzone was madness imo.

Guest DannyBlue

Interesting that Detroit has had higher time of possession, I wonder if the Packer defence with so many injuries look like they are starting to wilt a bit.