Terrible sports

Jives Miguel

1. Rugby - Played and watched mostly by complete wronguns with a bizarre sense of entitlement, a chip on their shoulder and an inferiority complex about football.
2. NFL - boring, corporate shite. not even a real sport, it was made up by marketing people to show adverts. You mugs literally sit for 4 hours to watch around 10 minutes of in game action. Embarrassing. I also detest that its getting popular here, just what we needed further Americanisation of our country and culture
3. Formula 1 - how anyone can sit and watch a car drive round the same piece of road for 5 hours is beyond me.
4. Basketball - another stupid American sport that just takes far too long for no good reason. Idiotic level of scoring. Just play the last 10 minutes of the game.
5. Cricket - obligatory mention for cricket. I'm very, very suspicious of any Scottish people interested in this sport. Theyr'e no-righters

Rugby - used to be enjoyable in the old fashioned semi-pro days of the 60/70s when it was a bit free wheeling, then in the 90s it became a game of just huge guys rumbling around the field in rucks and mauls whilst the Ref blew constantly for some vague infringement

F1...well, indeed

Golf. 4 days of utter tedium

Wrestling - total farce

Swimming - how many levels does a competition need? Crawl, breaststroke, backstroke, 50m, 100m, 200m blah blah blah with at least one event having some guy that takes so long the other swimmers have changed and gone home but the crowd loves them. Shite. 

I like a lot of sport so something needs to be extra terrible for me to not be a little interested.

1. Quidditch - The most pathetic thing ever seen

2. Frisbee Golf - Somehow worse than Ultimate Frisbee

3. Dressage - Fucking horse dancing is in the Olympics. Horses racing or jumping about is dumb but this is just on a whole other level

4. Ice Dancing - Figure Skating without anything that makes Figure Skating impressive. 

5. Lacrosse - Twats running about with fishing nets

5 Rugby League: Someone played a game of Rugby Union and thought, “That was fun but if only it hurt more and was more repetitive”

4 NASCAR: someone looked at Grand Prix and thought I like people driving around in circles repetitively but why do we need both left turns and right turns when they could just keep turning left

3 Hurling: It’s just second rate shinty played  with wonky cricket bats 

2 Bodybuilding : dedicating your life to looking impressive in your underwear isn’t a sport, at best it’s a hobby at worst it’s malignant narcissism 

1 Quidditch: Now known as “Quadball”  because JK Rowling is cancelled which cements it in number one spot. 

1. Bloodsports.

2. Golf. Mainly because of golf bores

3. Basketball. I liked playing it. Watching not so much

4. Rugby. As mentioned above it was better when fat Borders alkies and mutton molesters played it rather than the superfit.

5. Bowls. An alright gentle pastime for older folk ruined by club wankers.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Correct. It's a League. 

A shite one at that. Be shit, lose all the time, don't get punished instead get rewarded with draft picks. It's funny that Americans claim to hate communism, yet every one of their sports leagues have been the most commie enterprise west of Moscow for the past 60 years.

24 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

A shite one at that. Be shit, lose all the time, don't get punished instead get rewarded with draft picks. It's funny that Americans claim to hate communism, yet every one of their sports leagues have been the most commie enterprise west of Moscow for the past 60 years.

I dunno. I'd argue that our top flight division and the EPL are shitter leagues. For the flaws you list at least it's a competitive sport. You can have an idea of who's going to the Superbowl but there's nothing certain. Certainly far more exciting than "It'll be Celtic or Rangers"/"Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal".

five more
Aussie Rules Football: Too scrawny to play Rugby? too much of a thug to play Football? No Worries Mate 

Golf: The central point of golf it that you can't do anything that might affect your opponent and vice versa. It's effectively a game to played in isolation against your own limitations. So no I don't want to hear about how you escaped with only a single bogey at the 13th after your approach went wrong. More of a Cult than a sport

The Hundred: Test Cricket can be epic, 50 over Cricket can be compelling, T20 is generally fun. 16 over cricket with an extra 4 balls is just silly

Female Gymnastics: The end product very impressive but even if these little girls coaches aren't sexual predators there's questions about whether they're really capable to consent to the levels or risk they're running and it's a sport where you're past it by the time you've gone through Puberty. The men's events on the other hand are designed for grown ups, short grown ups, but grown ups nonetheless.

GAA: Too shit to play to play Aussie Rules? Not a problem

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Anyone who thinks motor racing is uninteresting is, objectively, unintelligent. 

Cricket, golf, rugby, American football, take your pick between cricket and rugby for fifth place.

I'll add cycling for the last spot, purely because of the amount of media attention it seems to get in this country.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez