Aberdeen vs rangers

15 minutes ago, GAD said:

Aberdeen (like most teams in the league) change manager and most of the players every couple of years at least. I'd love to know how they somehow manage to indoctrinate a random bunch of Macedonians, Danes, Dutch, English and Kiwis amongst many others to have such strong feelings about a team they'd probably barely heard of a few months earlier. Some effort. 

image.png.bc4c6ba4c26a814ca2d782aa0ece722a.png

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I would take issue on your “last (double) kick of the ball.” After said “last (double) kick of the ball”, St Mirren managed to “concede” another penalty which would have taken all three points away from them. But the VAR decided not to refer the referee to the screen in that instance.

But that incident wouldn’t have happened had the double hit penalty not been awarded 

Have just seen the penalty incident.  Nick Walsh  had a clear view of the incident and didn't deem it worthy of a foul. Indeed,  he played on for a couple of minutes until VAR  pulled him up. 

My question is then, what did he see on VAR that made him change his mind? In my opinion, nothing but refs are now shit scared to contradict the VAR referee due to the flak they will then get, despite making the correct call initially.  

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Aberdeen (like most teams in the league) change manager and most of the players every couple of years at least. I'd love to know how they somehow manage to indoctrinate a random bunch of Macedonians, Danes, Dutch, English and Kiwis amongst many others to have such strong feelings about a team they'd probably barely heard of a few months earlier. Some effort. 

Also. That's one of the flattest atmospheres I've seen at Pittodrie for a game against them for quite a while. Dunno if it was the kick off time, fear of another doing or what but the crowd just didn't really seem up for it. 

9 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Also. That's one of the flattest atmospheres I've seen at Pittodrie for a game against them for quite a while. Dunno if it was the kick off time, fear of another doing or what but the crowd just didn't really seem up for it. 

The atmosphere was very flat, even the shed wasn't great from what I could hear from the beach end. Think the early kick-offs on a sunday does have an effect as not the first time it has been flat.

4 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Even the 'the rangers' fans seemed pretty flat. 

Aye. 

It just stands to reason, the young guys who make the most atmosphere are likely a bit hungover, not had much if any to drink, work the next day, it’s freezing. 

Contrast that with it being on a Saturday night under the lights and the entire dynamic is different. 

Theres a reason police Scotland like risky fixtures to be at this time. 

3 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

But that incident wouldn’t have happened had the double hit penalty not been awarded 

My main point was that it wasn't the last kick of the game. The match continued for at least another two minutes, if not longer.

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

I mean you literally missed out the end of the sentence where I said it wasnt acceptable. You weren't to know but my next post at same time as yours also says he has a point. I think your trying a bit too hard to create the usual narrative tbh. 

I'll give you an example of how to approach criticism. I know that Celtic fans on here have, justifiably, had a go at our support for Jimmy Savile songs at Celtic matches. I agree that these songs are totally unacceptable and should have no place anywhere. I wouldn't then bring up "but other club's fans do it too so it's not just us". But that's what you're doing. 

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I'll give you an example of how to approach criticism. I know that Celtic fans on here have, justifiably, had a go at our support for Jimmy Savile songs at Celtic matches. I agree that these songs are totally unacceptable and should have no place anywhere. I wouldn't then bring up "but other club's fans do it too so it's not just us". But that's what you're doing. 

Well given I was also addressing someone claiming that it was an "old firm" thing of course I had to include other clubs ffs. Especially when that persons clubs fans absolutely revel in that shit. You can claim whataboutery but I was also addressing the hypocrisy. I know my clubs fans can be c***s, he/she was blindly ignoring their own. Cheers for the 'example' but it really wasn't as simple as you are portraying.

Edited by gannonball

3 hours ago, Huisdean50 said:

Have just seen the penalty incident.  Nick Walsh  had a clear view of the incident and didn't deem it worthy of a foul. Indeed,  he played on for a couple of minutes until VAR  pulled him up. 

My question is then, what did he see on VAR that made him change his mind? In my opinion, nothing but refs are now shit scared to contradict the VAR referee due to the flak they will then get, despite making the correct call initially.  

It was suggested on Sportscene that not all tugs on a jersey will result in a pen. 

as this wasn’t explained further I’ll assume this to mean unless it’s a blue jersey 👍

11 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

It was suggested on Sportscene that not all tugs on a jersey will result in a pen. 

as this wasn’t explained further I’ll assume this to mean unless it’s a blue jersey 👍

After this weekend, or green.

8 hours ago, GAD said:

Neil Simpson greets them at the door whilst holding the severed head of Ian Durant.

On 26/11/2023 at 14:02, 19QOS19 said:

Is shirt pulling actually illegal in football? Surely the foul is for stopping an opponent getting to the ball. If the ball dropped at Goldson's feet he'd have easily brushed off that "pull". 

There is nothing in the Laws of the Game that explicitly state grabbing your opponent's shirt is a foul. The foul comes if and when in doing so you impede them.

I can't be arsed searching for it but I posted something similar earlier this year when one of the OF got a penalty for a shirt pull that I don't think was.