Underrated goals scored in Scottish football

Mentioned this before but this is probably one of my favourite Motherwell goals.

It's pretty much a perfect illustration of the best Motherwell side in my lifetime.

giphy.gif

These are also goals that don't get the sort of credit they probably deserve either tbh - if Messi had scored either of these etc.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The video of the Thistle game that Davies goal is from is here:

Edited by capt_oats

I always thought this was an absolutely outstanding goal - County's second equaliser in the 'first leg' of our sensational Scottish Cup Quarter Final win over Hibs back in 2010. Gardyne had to get absolutely everything perfect in order to score this: The way he keeps track of the ball whilst not losing track of where the goal is; the adjustments he makes to his run in response to the flight of the ball, in order to be able to hit it first time; the composure and quick thinking to take it first time; the technique to hit that on the volley as it's dropping out of the sky effectively from behind him / over his shoulder; the placement into the far corner.

(Not the best quality video - I just fired up the highlights DVD of that cup run, filmed it with my phone, uploaded to YouTube... If anyone has a way to produce a better quality version, please feel free to share!)

Edited by The Great Stagsby