Arbroath's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Arbroath's next permanent manager?  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I wouldn't be against Kevin Thomson, maybe he's a bit more realistic after the big clubs didnt immediately come calling for him after Kelty?

edited to add, I don't think he'd be interested though.

It's exactly the type of job that he should be interested in, still part-time but a much bigger challenge than Kelty bullying their way to League 2 title and maybe a good stepping stone to earning a full-time job at a bigger club.

However like you I don't think he'd be interested, he seems to think one season in management achieving what anyone would have achieved has allowed him the right to hand pick the perfect job. He didn't fancy the Kelty job in League 1 when he knew the budget would be cut so doubt he's going to take Arbroath. Never know though!

I think it's really interesting who'll take this job. As has been mentioned I don't think it suits the recently retired, younger 'playing the right way' types like McCabe, Bartley etc which is where most clubs are going now. Which leaves experienced lower league managers like Petrie, or the usual names like Yogi but I wonder whether they'd want it.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

30 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It's exactly the type of job that he should be interested in, still part-time but a much bigger challenge than Kelty bullying their way to League 2 title and maybe a good stepping stone to earning a full-time job at a bigger club.

However like you I don't think he'd be interested, he seems to think one season in management achieving what anyone would have achieved has allowed him the right to hand pick the perfect job. He didn't fancy the Kelty job in League 1 when he knew the budget would be cut so doubt he's going to take Arbroath. Never know though!

I think it's really interesting who'll take this job. As has been mentioned I don't think it suits the recently retired, younger 'playing the right way' types like McCabe, Bartley etc which is where most clubs are going now. Which leaves experienced lower league managers like Petrie, or the usual names like Yogi but I wonder whether they'd want it.

I think on Open Goal recently they’d hinted that KT had an interest in the Alloa job - obviously they had Andy Graham hand picked for that though.

Please appoint McInally.

Petrie seems the very obvious choice and Arbroath being the biggest part-time club in the country makes it the obvious step up for him to take - you'd assume that if he had any interest in going to a full-time club he'd have got the Dunfermline job at some point - so it makes sense, but from a Morton perspective with Arbroath being a credible relegation rival you just have to hope Petrie decides he's happy at Montrose and doesn't fancy moving, because he's the one name on the list who's arguably an upgrade on Campbell. Everyone else is clearly worse, for all that Campbell had undoubtedly reached his shelf life and it was time to go.

This job will appeal to a lot of experienced managers - a well run club, funds available, good support, one of Scotland's best old school grounds and a good, decent squad of players - the club have ambitions and would be a good fit for a manager who knows how to steady the ship.

Would expect a lot of applicants and perhaps a few surprises in the hat too.

This is a great gig for an experienced manager who has fell short of getting a gig in the Premier league.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I don't think you would want it as it doesn't really represent a clean break which I would assume your after.  However it's probably more reluctance from their side that I think would be a sticking point.

I don't think it would be a big deal?  Dick's son is not Dick.  He's his own man.  I don't know why he wouldn't want to come here either.

17 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I don't think it would be a big deal?  Dick's son is not Dick.  He's his own man.  I don't know why he wouldn't want to come here either.

I dunno - I can’t see it either - even if he is his own man it just feels weird. Maybe Petrie will come by himself and Malcolm and Sellars will be his new assistants. 

Campbell Juniors to take over Montrose.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I dunno - I can’t see it either - even if he is his own man it just feels weird. Maybe Petrie will come by himself and Malcolm and Sellars will be his new assistants. 

Campbell Juniors to take over Montrose.

If Petrie was the choice, then Dick could take over at Montrose to complete managing all Angus clubs.

10 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

I think it'll be Petrie, but I cannot and will not vote for anyone other than the guid honest laddie that is John Yogi Shree Mano o Mano Hughes in these polls.

Fixed it for you 🥹

Edited by embow
Italics