Ayr United Vs. Arbroath

33 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Any idea how the pitch is holding up? Holding off purchasing my ticket with the uncertainty on here if the game will go Ahead 

If the pitch is currently frozen, then going by the forecast it may struggle to thaw out. Early decision needs to be made by officials.

14 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

If the pitch is currently frozen, then going by the forecast it may struggle to thaw out. Early decision needs to be made by officials.

Only fair, it's what 2 1/2 to 3 hours over from Arbroath?
I'd hope for a decision no later than 10:30 but knowing the SFA it'll be closer to 11:30

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Any idea how the pitch is holding up? Holding off purchasing my ticket with the uncertainty on here if the game will go Ahead 

Not that it ever helps but I'm sure someone living a mile from Somerset will appear online at some stage after doing a pitch inspection of their back garden.

35 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Not that it ever helps but I'm sure someone living a mile from Somerset will appear online at some stage after doing a pitch inspection of their back garden.

There’s nowhere in Ayrshire that isn’t frozen solid today. No thaw forecast for the weekend. There are people planning early departures tomorrow so it would be helpful to hear from Ayr.

Heard absolutely nothing from the club all week.

Been anywhere between-2 to -5 all week so unless we've purchased some high quality kit all of a sudden can't see it being on. Has been known for us to borrow proper covers from Ayr Racecourse to help us out but don't know if that's been done.

Problem is it's been a Frost for about a week now so couldn't have covers down that whole time or you'd kill the grass

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

The weather isn’t going to improve, so the best decision.  So frustrating though that we have blank weekends earlier in the season when the weather is better.  Scottish football has no idea how to to sell its product.

Like losing Saturday's in September and October to accommodate the shitey challenge cup...

55 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Another midweek game in Dec or Jan. Cant wait 🙄

More like March time, for some bizarre reason when there're a postponement at this time of year they reschedule it in about 3 months time after the original fixture date