Pars P-P Spiders New Date TBC

40 minutes ago, Arachnophile said:

The good news is the under soil heating has been sorted but they can't test it because it's cold??!?

Seems smart to me, they've fixed what they beleive to be the problem, however what if they pressurise the system and another seal splits, and floods the pitch again? 

They've deducted that the best chance with the weather is to try let the weather thaw it out, makes sense IMO.

6 minutes ago, DiamomdsD said:

Interesting that it won’t be switched on to prevent any issues like last week. Although last week it apparently wasn’t switched on.

That doesn’t seem interesting in the slightest to me but to each their own.

Someone in my group chat has taken a couple of photos through the gap where the East Stand meets the North Stand. Can only see snippets of the pitch but it doesn't look too bad at all. Not white at all, including in front of the South Stand that normally has the issues due to it getting little sun.

Going to stick my neck on the line, get the IKEA shopping list binned, you'll be at the football tomorrow folks! Steak Bridies over meatballs any day... 

44 minutes ago, DiamomdsD said:

Interesting that it won’t be switched on to prevent any issues like last week. Although last week it apparently wasn’t switched on.

Why switch it on when the weather forecast is predicting it won't be required? We can put the USH on in advance of cold weather to prevent it freezing but when the pitch is frozen I don't think it has the same effect. Also, going by what the club said, it looks like it was switched on last week but the pipe burst which caused the USH to break, and when the pipe burst the water gathered on the pitch creating the water log. You'll get your chance to lose another game against Dunfermline, don't worry. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

49 minutes ago, DiamomdsD said:

You believe the earth is flat, don’t you?

USH systems are a deterrent, not a thawing solution. The announcement looks to be confirming that the water leak causing the water-log is now resolved allowing standing water to drain freely. The frost is a separate issue compacting the problem. Hopefully anyone from Airdrie can understand all these words.

We’re now dependent on nature and the opinion of a referee. What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Steak Bridies over meatballs any day... 

They don't even have gravy anymore thanks to Brexit. Wankers.

Would have thought the game will be on seems pretty mild now.

1 hour ago, DiamomdsD said:

So when the temperature is above freezing, the undersoil heating is on. And when it’s below freezing it’s off. Think I’ve got it

It’s completely unsurprising that you managed to spell ‘Diamonds’ incorrectly tbh.

Although it has thawed a bit today the ground was still pretty hard this afternoon while I was out with the dug. 

The rain that’s forecast overnight may help, but I wouldn’t go buying a ticket before the pitch inspection tomorrow morning. 

It is what it is. Scotland in January. I’ll certainly be giving it a good ten years before I have the brass neck to criticise or mock the infrastructure of another club. 

My son was planning on getting the bus through from Glasgow tomorrow. At least this announcement allows him to hang off buying a nonrefundable bus ticket until 11am. Simple things really do make a difference 👏👏👏

I would guess that it's probably thawing along nicely and will continue to do so, we bit of rain will help. However, as it stands still unplayable so they've put in the inspection, not too early that we'll still get some thawing time in daylight but not too late that it's overly disruptive.