Pars P-P Spiders New Date TBC

11 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Dom Thomas is the best player in this division on his day, and I'll not hear a bad word about him. Some player.

Him and Todorov deemed not good enough. To be replaced by goalmachine ‘The Jak’.

Wish they’d kept Todorov, we’d have a few more points 🥹

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Him and Todorov deemed not good enough. To be replaced by goalmachine ‘The Jak’.

Wish they’d kept Todorov, we’d have a few more points 🥹

Thomas left because Grant and Hughes were morons and treated him pish.

That lies with McPake today. Last week I blamed the players, but (despite being a bit pish) they were hung out to dry by McPake's set up today. No big chances created all game, at home, to a team in ninth.

At HT it should have been obvious that we were going to do absolutely nothing with that set up. And yet we get three like-for-like subs with no change to the system? 

I just really do not get it. Win next week or gtf for me. Inexcusable management today.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

the club tried to sign Wotherspoon and that NZ defender.

Yes but didn't want to/couldn't afford Wotherspoon's wages (even for 6 months as Caley did - a team who famously end every season struggling financially) and didn't want to/couldn't afford to give the Kiwi defender more than 6 months. Also, Raith went out and got James Brown from St Johnstone on loan while we instead brought in two untried youngsters. I'd heard a few things about the loans last season and how Mochrie almost fell through etc. Our recruitment really looks all over the shop. 

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Yes but didn't want to/couldn't afford Wotherspoon's wages (even for 6 months as Caley did - a team who famously end every season struggling financially) and didn't want to/couldn't afford to give the Kiwi defender more than 6 months. Also, Raith went out and got James Brown from St Johnstone on loan while we instead brought in two untried youngsters. I'd heard a few things about the loans last season and how Mochrie almost fell through etc. Our recruitment really looks all over the shop. 

What did the club offer to those players?

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What did the club offer to those players?

Does it matter? Could have been 20 quid a week and petrol money, could have been a grand a week and a win bonus. Either way, the signings weren't made. The board clearly didn't think Wotherspoon was worth it (despite him training with us for ages; same as McGowan) but Inverness did. The defender it was said it was the length of deal we offered. If signing one or all of those players ultimately kept us up (or even got us top four - no laughing at the back) that pretty much wipes out the difference compared to relegation and another massive loss with Todd, Otoo, Edwards etc all leaving for pennies in a fire sale.

There was absolutely money there to get signings that would have been good enough to turn this around. Whether the board have told McPake to suck a fart out their arse or McPake has been stupid with money he was given, we'll never know. But the vibe around the place certainly feels like "don't sign players for considerable amounts of money, especially if they are over the age of 21" The Board have probably told McPake to go and do one, and he has had to ask guys like Moffat and MFW if they can recommend players they know to loan as things got desperate. 

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

There was absolutely money there to get signings that would have been good enough to turn this around. Whether the board have told McPake to suck a fart out their arse or McPake has been stupid with money he was given, we'll never know. But the vibe around the place certainly feels like "don't sign players for considerable amounts of money, especially if they are over the age of 21" The Board have probably told McPake to go and do one, and he has had to ask guys like Moffat and MFW if they can recommend players they know to loan as things got desperate. 

Again, the board have 'sanctioned' numerous signings of players over 21 and have tried to sign more, including in the January window.

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why do folk think there's a conspiracy by the board to make the team pish and get us relegated?

Imagine being so so shit that no one cares? No one. That's where we are  

They may have tried but have failed. Failed is the key word here. There is a reason for it which is unknown but the failure is spreading onto the pitch and results. That is either the fault of the board, the manager or both. 

Some of what is being done is good, but a lot is not working and the fans are now at tipping point. 

I know Dunfermline weren’t exactly going to be brimming with confidence going in to this but my goodness they were dreadful. Can’t think of a worse performance of an opposition side against us all season. Truly abysmal. The only tactic consisted of launching throw ins into the box and hoping something would fall. It looked like the players had given up for McPake in all honesty 

Dom Thomas in full flight is an absolute joy of a footballer. 1st half I felt like he might of been trying too hard which led to him losing possession on a couple of occasions but the 2nd half was tremendous. Complete control and deserved the result. What a difference an actual football manager makes. Within 5 games, we now look a decent championship team again compared to the basket case under Veldman 

Motm for me again was Jack Thomson. He’s a premiership ready player now who I have no doubts will not be at the club next season. His control on the ball, physicality and driving runs from centre back were a delight and he’s been fantastic all season.  

Xavier Benjamin might also be one of worst players I’ve seen in a fair while. Hoaching performance 

Edited by qpfc

Pretty dull first half where the Pars defended well and we barely warmed the keepers gloves.  Second half a different game though. Queens won the 50/50 balls and seem hungrier. Pars were very poor though going forward. Really disjointed and never looked like carrying a threat.

Good to see Dom more like himself. Liked the look of Scott, carried himself well.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Pars will soon become a yo-yo club 

I think that is their natural level really. The years of spending on credit in the SPL warped some of their fans perceptions.

38 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I know Dunfermline weren’t exactly going to be brimming with confidence going in to this but my goodness they were dreadful. Can’t think of a worse performance of an opposition side against us all season. Truly abysmal. The only tactic consisted of launching throw ins into the box and hoping something would fall. It looked like the players had given up for McPake in all honesty 

Dom Thomas in full flight is an absolute joy of a footballer. 1st half I felt like he might of been trying too hard which led to him losing possession on a couple of occasions but the 2nd half was tremendous. Complete control and deserved the result. What a difference an actual football manager makes. Within 5 games, we now look a decent championship team again compared to the basket case under Veldman 

Motm for me again was Jack Thomson. He’s a premiership ready player now who I have no doubts will not be at the club next season. His control on the ball, physicality and driving runs from centre back were a delight and he’s been fantastic all season.  

Xavier Benjamin might also be one of worst players I’ve seen in a fair while. Hoaching performance 

There are still some of our fans who think Dom Thomas was some big bad arsehole who wreaked choas in the dressing room and almost single handidly eroded the team spirit, when in reality he was frustrated with two of the worst managers the club have ever had. He might not have gone about things the right way, but he never stopped performing for the club. Even when he didn't play so well I always thought he gave his, yet you have melts in out support who claim he couldn't be arsed and only had a good game every one in four or some pish.

I reckon he'd have been happy to stay here if it wasn't for Grant/Hughes and I'd have loved him to stay.

12 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Pars to become the new Falkirk

american soldiers GIF

Replace 'baddies' with 'Falkirk'