Hibs v Aberdeen

16 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I don't know what I'm more annoyed by here. The use of xG as a meaningful stat or the fact that they're too lazy to do any research and clarify if it is the highest in the premiership this season. 

Pile o shite anyway.

28 minutes ago, velo army said:

I don't know what I'm more annoyed by here. The use of xG as a meaningful stat or the fact that they're too lazy to do any research and clarify if it is the highest in the premiership this season. 

Pile o shite anyway.

If it is not a "meaningful stat", then why do so many elite level managers and players pay attention to it and reference it? It is not the be all and end all, of course, but it seems to be the most useful tool we have for understanding the quality of chances a team is creating and receiving. 

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

If it is not a "meaningful stat", then why do so many elite level managers and players pay attention to it and reference it? It is not the be all and end all, of course, but it seems to be the most useful tool we have for understanding the quality of chances a team is creating and receiving. 

It’s a lot of shite.

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Robson saying we dominated the whole game is, um, economical with the truth. 

If it wasn't for those pesky 2 goals they scored.......

......it would have been 0-0.

Free drink in hospitality didn't numb the pain.

Edited by Suspect Device

40 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

At the game I didn't actually realise how bad that was from Rubezic at the first goal. Howling. 

He’s a liability pretty much every game.

It’ll end up being one of the reasons Robson gets emptied.
His playing Rubezic every week, with the same formation & personnel, when Aberdeen have conceded an average of 2 per game, is bordering on proper thick. 

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Robson is a little upset on the radio. 

I have been busy, so just heard his interview.............

peter capaldi GIF

Tinfoil hat stuff, sounds like a man under pressure.

As a general point on the match, I was sure Vente was offside and Marshalls feet were outside the line, but VAR slapped me in the puss for both of them so what do I know?

Genuinely no idea how Aberdeen didnt score today, sure Marshall had a great game but a few of the chances that Miovski tried to pass to a team mate instead of slotting were baffling.

Willie Collum had his usual ordinary one, talking to players like they were children and generally being a dick.

Great to see both sets of fans giving Douglas Ross the verbals that wee tube deserves..............

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

People will use any stat that justifies/defends their own position/viewpoint/actions.

Lies, lies and damned statistics.

11 minutes ago, Left Back said:

People will use any stat that justifies/defends their own position/viewpoint/actions.

Lies, lies and damned statistics.

Clearly any stat is only as good as the way it’s used and context etc, but that doesn’t make it meaningless. 

Clearly xG is a more informative statistic than say attempts at goal/on target. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Clearly any stat is only as good as the way it’s used and context etc, but that doesn’t make it meaningless. 

Clearly xG is a more informative statistic than say attempts at goal/on target. 

Why?

Attempts at goal/attempts on target can be just as meaningless.  50 shots from the halfway line that were on target means nothing but would look great in the stats (except the xG one obviously)

Who determines what xG is?  It’s subjective, like most things in football.

Edited by Left Back