Buoyant Bairns v Hartley's Mob

Saturday feels like a big game for both sides.

For Cove it's simple, record an 8th straight win to keep alive a distant dream of an unlikely title winning season or lose and we're condemned to fighting it out for a playoff spot. To be honest even if we were to win, we're still at least 6 points back and need either a helping hand and/or some serious signings in the window to have a realistic chance. As it stands Falkirk and Accies are rightfully occupying the top 2 spots.

Falkirk unbeaten in the league, clearly want to keep that momentum going in what looks to be a tricky set of December fixtures and not relinquish top spot to Accies who are 1 point behind and have a home fixture against cup slayers Queen of the South. Bairns need no motivation other than beating Hartley on their home turf. 

League form: It's 3 draws and 3 wins in the last 6 for the home side compared to 6 straight wins for Cove. Our wins have generally been by narrow margins it must be said.

Falkirk without a win against Cove in the last 6 games. 4 wins and 2 draws for us. As much as I really want to see this continue it's a different Falkirk side not only personnel but momentum and sadly a different Cove one too. Give us Harry Milne and Rory from 2 years back I'd be more confident of a positive result.

Was at Links Park on Tuesday night to see the match against the Mighty Mo and although Falkirk took control of the game in the last 30 minutes, it was an even contest to that point with Montrose having a couple of decent chances from corners and only a lick of paint keeping Webby's wonder strike out. Falkirk did create a few chances of their own but were contained in the most by a well drilled and shaped home side.

Fyvie's missed the last two for us but given he was due to play the SC match, I suspect he'll very much be available for this one. Apart from long term injury Luke Strachan we should have a full compliment to choose from. Mitch will return to the starting lineup after missing the cup game through suspension. He needs to start showing his best and importantly get on the scoresheet. Burrell has picked up the majority of goals for us and should be a threat yet again but the reliance can't solely lie at his door 

We won't come gung ho, we'll try to condense the play, limit space and mix-up our attacking play. We've got pace in Burrell to try and get in behind but we'll also build through Fyvie too.

10 unbeaten and 7 straight wins for us but many Cove fans, including myself, will only truly believe the corner has been turned if we were to win this Saturday. I caveat that by saying it's a fair achievement from Hartley getting that run out of gang he's put together; some of the signings he's made this summer have been utter useless and left us with little to no depth. 

Hard to see past a home win but hopefully our recent momentum can pull us a positive result.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Coming off the back of one the worst performances of the season we need to get back to winning ways here. Especially with it being against the wee tinky greasy tit. 

Really should have won the first game against Cove but for a Brad Mckay howler giving Burrell a tap in so I think we'll have enough to do the business here. 

1 minute ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

Is Strachan even meant to be back this season?

I bet we don't see Fyvie until the new year... not that the club will provide any form of update!

Haven't heard anything about his rehab or likely return. To be honest him being available unlikely adds much. He and Jones are very much bland LB's at this level and we were used to supreme talent there before.

Fyvie I feel will start and needs to. No coincidence our unbeaten run started the game he returned.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Coming off the back of one the worst performances of the season we need to get back to winning ways here. Especially with it being against the wee tinky greasy tit. 

Really should have won the first game against Cove but for a Brad Mckay howler giving Burrell a tap in so I think we'll have enough to do the business here. 

Falkirk undoubtedly played the better football and carved out superior chances. We were depleted as a team during the first handful of league matches is the only defence I'll give us. When your 2-1 up with seconds on the clock a draw is hard to take so we feel that's 2 points dropped in some respects. Fully aware that would have completely flattered us going by the stats.

Falkirk definitely one of the only teams in L1 with a few different gears. We'll be hoping for something like you played on Tuesday rather than what you did to Dundee United 

14 minutes ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

I'd just let Strachan go in January, we have coped without him and he's not going to start ahead of Jones.  If we can get him to rip up his contract it frees up a wage to help bring quality in

I wouldn't disagree. We only got a brief glimpse of him but he looked a squaddie. Think it was a 2 year deal so I suspect he's here until summer minimum. I'd be looking for a replacement for Jones this upcoming window too though. Doyle is far superior on the other side and we should aim for at least that quality on the left.

Need a CB, a right winger to allow for Yule to replace McGowan in the middle. Might need at least 1 striker, if not 2 in, if Burrell goes. Could be busy but we'll need to shift a few out on loan. Williamson, Darge, Tyler for a start

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Just now, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

We need wingers on both sides, not a chance McGowan will be dropped though.  We need a helluva lot shipped out on loan and probably not coming back in either... we could always play Vigurs at centre back, he'd at least be able to pick a pass!

That's £500-£700 a week, I'm guessing, we're pissing away. He's sitting at home,not training and taking in the cash. Knew he'd not play again and surely must have turned down a loan spell. 

May as well pay him out full and be done with it.

1 minute ago, Midweek-away-to-Lossie said:

Do you blame him?  He was going to retire anyway before some idiot sanctioned his 3 year deal which will be up in the summer, so might as well cash in while you can.  Be interesting to see if he goes to Elgin or HL in the summer

He was never an athlete, he'll resemble Wayne Rooney by now. Retirement it is.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That's £500-£700 a week, I'm guessing, we're pissing away. He's sitting at home,not training and taking in the cash. Knew he'd not play again and surely must have turned down a loan spell. 

May as well pay him out full and be done with it.

I almost collared Richard Gordon at Stirling on Saturday to ask him why the club chooses to continue to treat the supporter(s) like we live in present day Moscow. No updates on long term injuries and no updates on signings made over the summer who are yet to even grace us with their presence.

Why pander to the interested fan base when you can churn out relentless Happy Birthdays, a preview that could be done by a 12yr old and a potpourri of pish designed to appeal to the clique of fans who if we signed Josef Fritzl as head of facilities would nod their heads and tip their hats to our glorious Board who meanwhile are only interested in getting their snouts further into the trough of Oil Industry cronyism and couldn’t care less if anyone bothered turning up to away games. 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If Fyvie plays Cove have a decent chance of getting a result. If he doesn't we'll roll right over the top of them imo. Burrell will be fired up but at least we won't have Brad McKay serving him a goal on a silver platter this time 

That will be the first time Burrell has been fired up at TFS!

7 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If Fyvie plays Cove have a decent chance of getting a result. If he doesn't we'll roll right over the top of them imo. Burrell will be fired up but at least we won't have Brad McKay serving him a goal on a silver platter this time 

Canny stand that whinging ginger twat tbvh