**The Official P&B Christmas 2023 Thread**

Wee-Bey

4 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

It's been a pretty shit day. Constantly on edge that the phone would ring for a call out and feeling guilty that rather than taking everyone out for tea we are all sat watching crap on TV waiting for me to go collect the food. Went out and the top 5 restaurants on the list (all saying open, one I even contacted) all had the shutters down.

Guilt. Fear. Shame. The lot.

Driving around Dundee trying to find a Chinese takeaway with the lights on. Found one, munch secured and devoured.

Mongolian beef never tasted so good. 

Merry Christmas one and all.

f**k aye! Mongolian Beef even at the worst of times will cheer your day! 

If I remember you’re on call, take solace in the fact that you've done your colleagues a huge good deed for allowing them a relaxed day, it’ll come back to you.

Enjoy the rest of the festive season ya Derry c**t! 😂

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

f**k aye! Mongolian Beef even at the worst of times will cheer your day! 

If I remember you’re on call, take solace in the fact that you've done your colleagues a huge good deed for allowing them a relaxed day, it’ll come back to you.

Enjoy the rest of the festive season ya Derry c**t! 😂

I'll second that (including the Derry C**t part). 

Cheers to the many that worked today and who allowed others to enjoy it with loved ones.

Arabest!

48 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Had a lovely Christmas with family. Chicken for dinner (don't like turkey) and homemade sticky toffee pudding for dessert. 

Very good. 

First Christmas I haven't been ill since 2017. A Christmas miracle.

20231225_182815.jpg

20231225_191705.jpg

Nom Nom Nom thread for this pish!

Glad to hear you’re in good health & had a good day. 

5 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Just me & my mum for Christmas this year, she’s unfortunately in the early stages of forgetfulness - I refuse to call it anything else. 

Christmas dinner was a joint effort until she forgot she was meant to participate in the actual cooking!😂

To be fair, she joined in on the eating of it. So, games a good un. 

Ive had to stop her 3 times from making Key Lime Pie as we are actually having Christmas pud this year for a change. Kinda regretting that decision now as I’m sure I’d quite fancy some come 9pm! 

Regardless, I’ve had a fantastic day & it really is all about loved ones at this time of year. I think I did her proud. 

Hope everyone else had as good a day as I’ve had. It’s been braw! 

337C5339-4FE2-4C80-984A-434F01864E4D.jpeg

That's one of the nicest and most poignant posts I've read on this forum. Your mum raised a good boy.

6 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Just me & my mum for Christmas this year, she’s unfortunately in the early stages of forgetfulness - I refuse to call it anything else. 

Christmas dinner was a joint effort until she forgot she was meant to participate in the actual cooking!😂

Ive had to stop her 3 times from making Key Lime Pie as we are actually having Christmas pud this year for a change. Kinda regretting that decision now as I’m sure I’d quite fancy some come 9pm! 

Regardless, I’ve had a fantastic day & it really is all about loved ones at this time of year. I think I did her proud. 

As the grandson of someone who delved deep into “forgetfulness” (love that term). I wish you and your mum the absolute best Christmas possible brother! 

6 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Fantastic my friend, and you have undoubtedly done her proud. You're absolutely right, all the show and posturing on Facebook etc is a lot of utter attention seeking shite, it's all about enjoying quality time with those who are important to you.

After visiting family earlier we've just had a lovely quiet day with our daughter and her fiancé. Good food, good drink, and not a single second or post on social media. The only interaction I've had other than amongst the 4 of us has been with you freaks on here.

Also, separately, glad to hear that you have enjoyed good health and a good time @Honest Saints Fan. Hoping that this continues for you into the new year. 

Just sitting outside on this unseasonably warm Christmas here in Southern Quebec.  My soon to be 101 year old grandpa is being driven home and I'm sitting on the back deck with a beer. My Brother in law is English so we had some figgy pudding earlier meaning I'm a bit drunk (plus all the wine I had earlier).  

After all the stress of the last little while, life feels really good right now.  Merry Christmas P&B family 

The Mrs was workin yesterday so I'll be seeing her today and basically having Christmas Day Mk II but with some quality sports on the telly. Buzzing.

Had a great day yesterday just me and my mum, she's no had the easiest time of it as of late so good to get some quality time together and did my best to make sure she had a great day 

I was on my own but I still roasted off a rib of beef, pre prepped roast potatoes with a did goose fat added, pigs in blankets, gravy, bread sauce and red cabbage.

All again later with leftovers but a chicken roasted for the girls.

Pears in homemade fudge sauce (easy recipie and banging with ice cream!)