**The Official P&B Christmas 2023 Thread**

Cheese

I'll just skip to the end of the "<x> could be a Christmas film" conversation and encourage you all to watch A Serbian Film with your families during this holiday season.

(do not watch A Serbian Film)

Just now, BFTD said:

I'll just skip to the end of the "<x> could be a Christmas film" conversation and encourage you all to watch A Serbian Film with your families during this holiday season.

The single film that comes to mind when anyone asks for fucked up films.

2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

The single film that comes to mind when anyone asks for fucked up films.

Somewhere on the internet: "Hurr, I watched that when I was at kindergarten, find me something really hard to sit through!"

Sure, try The Sound of fucking Music without screaming into a pillow, tough guy.

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Batman Returns is a Christmas film.

The cinemas agree. It seems to be on the rota with Die Hard now, which every cinema is putting on multiple showings of this month.

I haven't seen Batman Returns since it originally came out in the cinema, so what's the crack there? Did it come out at Christmas or something?

32 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Just go to Croatia. Beautiful country 💛💛💛

One of my neighbours has put on Christmas music today, presumably because there's been a bit of snow (you may have noticed). All the standard stuff that you hear playing constantly in public spaces at this time of year.

Is it common for people to play Christmas music in their homes? We're bombarded with the same couple of dozen songs so frequently at this time of year that it didn't occur to me that some people might arrive back in the house and decide they want even more of it.

I love death metal, but I'm pretty sure that hearing Morbid Angel piped into shops, offices, workplaces, and public toilets all the time would put me off the whole idea of worshipping Satan.

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

One of my neighbours has put on Christmas music today, presumably because there's been a bit of snow (you may have noticed). All the standard stuff that you hear playing constantly in public spaces at this time of year.

Is it common for people to play Christmas music in their homes? We're bombarded with the same couple of dozen songs so frequently at this time of year that it didn't occur to me that some people might arrive back in the house and decide they want even more of it.

I love death metal, but I'm pretty sure that hearing Morbid Angel piped into shops, offices, workplaces, and public toilets all the time would put me off the whole idea of worshipping Satan.

I play a Christmas CD on Christmas morning and maybe Christmas Eve If I've had a few but other than that I get my fix in the shopping malls.  I like the Christmas songs but a couple of times a year is enough. 

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

Somewhere on the internet: "Hurr, I watched that when I was at kindergarten, find me something really hard to sit through!"

Sure, try The Sound of fucking Music without screaming into a pillow, tough guy.

The cinemas agree. It seems to be on the rota with Die Hard now, which every cinema is putting on multiple showings of this month.

I haven't seen Batman Returns since it originally came out in the cinema, so what's the crack there? Did it come out at Christmas or something?

You should watch Batman Returns again. It is excellent, better than the 1989 movie.

15 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

You should watch Batman Returns again. It is excellent, better than the 1989 movie.

I didn't enjoy it much; found it a bit dull and lifeless compared to the first one. There was so much hype about Danny DeVito and Michelle Pfeiffer's performances in the build-up to release, and they were fine but it felt like Tim Burton was more interested in the sets.

Does it take place at Christmas? I can't remember.

Anyone saying "x movie is a Christmas movie" because it either takes place around or mentions Christmas wants a battering. 

"Last Christmas" by Wham can also do one. It's about a breakup and you'd be as well substituting "valentines" and it would actually make more sense. At no other point does it mention any Christmas related things.

Will be back in Scotland from Dec 23-29. Parents recently relocated to Ayr, will be staying at their place and making day trips to Glasgow to visit brother and sister.

Looking forward to discovering Ayr, never been except for the football.

Will definitely be visiting a chippy. That recent P&B World Cup had me salivating throughout.

Screenshot_20231107-110558.thumb.png.9f0fa6d1c00c182e2adb8513eea389b8.png

25 minutes ago, Duszek said:

Will be back in Scotland from Dec 23-29. Parents recently relocated to Ayr, will be staying at their place and making day trips to Glasgow to visit brother and sister.

Looking forward to discovering Ayr, never been except for the football.

Will definitely be visiting a chippy. That recent P&B World Cup had me salivating throughout.

Screenshot_20231107-110558.thumb.png.9f0fa6d1c00c182e2adb8513eea389b8.png

Just realised that a turkey or even deep fried stuffing supper would be outstanding. 

20 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

That's got me thinking. The deep frying of the turkey might be problematic.

Not to mention the Brussel sprouts.

I was thinking that deep fried turkey might be dry as f**k too. Not to mention the space issue.

Pickle the brussel sprouts.

Deep fried stuffing would be a very funcy sausage supper. Marvellous.