Airdrie vs Pars (9th December)

May sound pessimistic but I'm not looking too much into that Arbroath win. Thought they were worse than most the league 1 teams we played last year.

We will be missing all 3 first choice centre backs and we are just so wasteful with our chances. 

It was good to get the Raith game out of system and that Arbroath game was the perfect fixture to get the confidence up again. 

These games are always close but got a feeling we might lose this narrowly.

Edited by Chubbychops

So, the only players we can play at centre half is Comrie, Otoo, and Hamilton? Three out and out centre halves in our squad and they are all humped. Some laugh.

Think we’ll see a back five/three of…

MOH-Comrie-Hamilton-Otoo-Edwards

Good to hear that Bene, Breen and Fisher are all expected back in the next couple of weeks or so. Summers and Moffat available for Saturday which is also a boost.

Interesting that a club came in for Edwards in January last season and glad to hear we will be keeping him for next season. 

KRH getting surgery on Monday and will be out until March at the earliest. His season is officially completely fucked; poor b*****d.

8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

So, the only players we can play at centre half is Comrie, Otoo, and Hamilton? Three out and out centre halves in our squad and they are all humped. Some laugh.

Think we’ll see a back five/three of…

MOH-Comrie-Hamilton-Otoo-Edwards

Given that they were about the only players that finished the 2-2 game there last season I'm optimistic for another draw.

53 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Given that they were about the only players that finished the 2-2 game there last season I'm optimistic for another draw.

There was no 2-2 game last season....

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Any decent pubs in Airdire for a few pints before the game, preferably showing football?

West end bar or Cue here. Cue here about a 15 min walk from stadium and just up from train station if your getting train through.

Screenshot_20231209_140210_Opera.thumb.jpg.b91ed042d8d6894b8b3ef4e7dcb865a9.jpg

Looks like 5-3-2 with Comrie, Hamilton and Otoo as a back three, Edwards and MOH as wing backs, Summers, Allan and Chalmers in midfield and Wighton and McCann up front.

Good to see Moffat in the squad but a very thin bench.

I think McCann needs to take a tumble for that Josh Rae moment. Gives the referee a decision to make and free kick in a dangerous area. Also, why are late challenges on our goalkeepers going unpunished? That’s twice now to Mehmet where he has took a sore one. 

Not moaning as if somehow we have been hard-done by, but some of the stuff from the referee today has been absolutely strange. McCann winds header to give Allan (I think) an incredible opportunity, but is penalised. There was also a moment where Edwards crossed a ball that Rae tipped over the bar, everyone including the Airdrie players all get lined up, and he gives a goal kick 🤣 They are genuinely horrendous.