Airdrie vs Pars (9th December)

14 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

1-0 Pars. Probably deserved it tbf. Not been stupendous, but I am surprised at how lacklustre Airdrie have been. 

Can’t argue with the score. Taylor Sinclair turned too easily. Lacklustre indeed. Very poor. A Rhys rollicking in progress I would expect. Hopefully a better game 2nd half.

Just now, Bobopar said:

A fully fit Matty Todd will do well in this league, great eye for goal 

Once he is back up to full speed, he has the potential to be the best player in the league. The boy is absolutely ridiculous. 

Decent result given our very sketchy back line.

Didn't think we would come away with a clean sheet but to get through the 90 and then give away a penalty seems like we held up well.

Looking good in 4th now with the teams either side of us having played a game more, hopefully we can keep the momentum going when the games are coming thick and fast into mid January.

Terrible performance from Airdrie. Few key players out, but doesn’t excuse that display. Team selection questionable perhaps but there seemed to be a lack of energy all over the pitch first half. Gallagher should start before Todorov every week. Gal was our best player and he only played 30 minutes!

Well done Pars but don’t be getting too carried away! We were mince!

Watched it on the stick, felt it was quite comfortable and big Deniz didn’t have much to do apart from a really good save later in the second half.

Summers looked good, oh boy have we missed him. Great for Matty getting a goal, typical Matty Todd arriving late in the box type goal.

Charles Young spraffing some sh*te on SportSound, I’m sure he said something about Airdrie being hard done by and wondering how they didn’t get something from the game. It could have been 4/5 before Airdrie got the penalty in stoppage time.

Puts a bit of distance between our self and Airdrie now, big game next weekend at home to Thistle!

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Its gonna be interesting that's for sure, but watch oot for Inversneckie coming up on the outside  

I’d be worried about Inverness. Although we should have beat them a couple of weeks ago, they’ve got decent form under big Dunc.

I think that game can be summed up by Chris Hamilton winning every header against Todorov. I had the fear we were in for 90 minutes of McPake terrorball when I saw Dunfermline’s back three but rather than shitfesting they were just fairly solid and then cruised it after the first goal. 

I thought Airdrie edged the first half hour, though there wasn’t too much in it like most games in this league. Our issue is a lack of creativity, particularly when a goal down, and Dunfermline were able to just sit, control the game and then use their pace going forward to attack Fordyce/ATS. 

I fancied Dunfermline to finish fourth at the start of the season and I still think they’ll do it. I can see the league splitting into a 2/3/5 with the top two miles ahead, Dunfermline, Partick and Inverness for the two play-off spots and then the rest of us scrambling about mid-table.