Airdrie vs Pars (9th December)

Pleasing. We have played much better this season but with such a makeshift team we were rarely troubled. Mehmet had the save he put on to the bar first half and the save second half near post but otherwise wasn't bothered. 

We played some not bad stuff at times although were often frustrating on the ball, with Summers and MOH being the main offenders, although both played well overall.

Hamilton was dominant in defender. As noted by others, he won almost everything at the back, especially against a largely neutralised Todorov.

Our goals were well worked moves, both involving unselfish final balls. Jakubiak should have made it 3 later on (will he ever score for us?!).

Silly penalty to concede.

Had a good time pre-match. West End Bar, Imperial Bar, Cellar Bar and The Brooknowe were all decent. Unsure why bottles of Quilmes are so popular in Airdrie pubs but not complaining as I think said beer is excellent.

Also, got lost going to the ground and went down a cul-de-sac in error, so missed the first 5 minutes. Underestimated the distance to the ground from the town centre.

Edited by DA Baracus

8 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Josh Rae fucking loves a brain fart against Dunfermline.

It’s bizarre isn’t it. He has his moments in other games but he particularly loves charging out to the touchline against Dunfermline. We had two keepers on the bench today and I like to think it was because McCabe knew Rae can’t be trusted in this fixture.

Good performance today. Jakubiak on another day would have scored a couple. Edwards and Chalmers were both unlucky with efforts that went just wide second half too. Airdrie had no idea how to deal with Jakubiak and Todd when they came on and the subs really changed the game massively in our favour. Airdrie had started the half fairly well, but there was only one team winning after those 2 came on.

Airdrie had a lot of the ball, particularly second half. They had some good passing moves, but never really troubled our goal, I thought. If it wasn’t for the penalty, I don’t think they looked like scoring at all and I felt pretty comfortable that we were keeping a clean sheet. Then I listened to the radio on the way home and Chic Young must have been at a totally different game - said Airdrie will be wondering how they didn’t win. Honestly thought that was a wild take.

Special mention to Chris Hamilton, who was outstanding. Completely bossed everyone who he came up against in that game.

Edited by CallumPar

14 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Josh Rae fucking loves a brain fart against Dunfermline.

No idea how he avoided a booking for that. That was a wild lunge at Summers and if he’d made a cleaner contact with Summers, he would have been off - it was very high and out of control. Worst part was, he started coming, then thought it through and stopped… before charging straight towards Summers, not even looking at the ball.

33 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

No idea how he avoided a booking for that. That was a wild lunge at Summers and if he’d made a cleaner contact with Summers, he would have been off - it was very high and out of control. Worst part was, he started coming, then thought it through and stopped… before charging straight towards Summers, not even looking at the ball.

Haha aye, thought at first the ref played advantage but didn't even give a card after!

Also forgot about Chalmers nearlt scoring a total peach (and indeed his first goal for us).

Edited by DA Baracus

15 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Good performance today. Jakubiak on another day would have scored a couple. Edwards and Chalmers were both unlucky with efforts that went just wide second half too. Airdrie had no idea how to deal with Jakubiak and Todd when they came on and the subs really changed the game massively in our favour. Airdrie had started the half fairly well, but there was only one team winning after those 2 came on.

Airdrie had a lot of the ball, particularly second half. They had some good passing moves, but never really troubled our goal, I thought. If it wasn’t for the penalty, I don’t think they looked like scoring at all and I felt pretty comfortable that we were keeping a clean sheet. Then I listened to the radio on the way home and Chic Young must have been at a totally different game - said Airdrie will be wondering how they didn’t win. Honestly thought that was a wild take.

Other than Arbroath away, this was our worst performance of the season and quite honestly, Dunfermline only had to be average to win. Even though the stats were pretty even, there's times you really have to interpret them, auld Chic needs to be put out to grass.

3 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Other than Arbroath away, this was our worst performance of the season and quite honestly, Dunfermline only had to be average to win. Even though the stats were pretty even, there's times you really have to interpret them, auld Chic needs to be put out to grass.

Young would have had half an eye on the game, half an ear on the producer at Pacific Quays and everything else concentrating on the Rangers game. 

9 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Who was your number 5 by the way? Thought he had a decent game and stopped a number of promising attacks. His positioning and timing of the challenge were very good. Also seemed to use the ball well.

12 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Who was your number 5 by the way? Thought he had a decent game and stopped a number of promising attacks. His positioning and timing of the challenge were very good. Also seemed to use the ball well.

Without looking at the numbers I would assume it was Mason Hancock.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Watched it on the stick, felt it was quite comfortable and big Deniz didn’t have much to do apart from a really good save later in the second half.

Summers looked good, oh boy have we missed him. Great for Matty getting a goal, typical Matty Todd arriving late in the box type goal.

Charles Young spraffing some sh*te on SportSound, I’m sure he said something about Airdrie being hard done by and wondering how they didn’t get something from the game. It could have been 4/5 before Airdrie got the penalty in stoppage time.

Puts a bit of distance between our self and Airdrie now, big game next weekend at home to Thistle!

We deserved the square root of F all today. 

I honestly think I would rather just forfeit the 12 points a season than having to watch us try and break down Dunfermline again.

I’d like to see us actually start scoring goals don’t get me wrong but I heard someone say ‘we might as well just accept relegation now’. 

Far from panic stations yet.

4 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

I'm one of Rhys McCabes biggest advocates but that looked like a lineup that was going to struggle and in a shocking twist they have struggled. No idea what he was thinking.

He watched what Raith did to Dunfermline with the 3 at the back formation. Difference is Airdrie aren't Raith 

Was surprised at how awful the 'atmosphere' was today.

Not a crowd wanking guy but was surprised at how low the home crowd was. From highlights of last and this season Airdrie's crowds have looked much higher. 

Our support was so quiet today. There were only a few songs, started by a friend which myself and others joined in with, but I was surprised at the lack of tunes from our fans.

Anyway, I must reiterate that today was an absolutely excellent three points. Doubt that there will be many, if indeed any, teams who pick up such a straightforward* points in Airdrie this season.

*Not that we didn't play well and work hard for it.

45 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

I honestly think I would rather just forfeit the 12 points a season than having to watch us try and break down Dunfermline again.

I’d like to see us actually start scoring goals don’t get me wrong but I heard someone say ‘we might as well just accept relegation now’. 

Far from panic stations yet.

Don't see Airdrie being anywhere near relegation. Comfortable mid table finish