Saints v Buddies 6/12/23

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Paul Rudd Reaction GIF

Should have scored 3 or 4 <> should have won by 3 or 4.

Hope that helps.

(As mentioned above St J had a good chance in the first half too - and scored an ACTUAL goal so I was not saying we should have won by 3 or 4.)

20 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Should have scored 3 or 4 <> should have won by 3 or 4.

Hope that helps.

(As mentioned above St J had a good chance in the first half too - and scored an ACTUAL goal so I was not saying we should have won by 3 or 4.)

Where were your 3/4 chances that "should be" getting scored?

Kiltie chance, and Jamiesons probably, but i genuinely cant think of others? Unless youre counting offside shots or 2 seperate chances in the same move as 2 seperate goals if they go in (which is daft).

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 hours ago, houston_bud said:

You're probably right, I thought he looked just offside. Although, I've given up trying to second guess VAR. If the camera is at a slight angle it might appear off (or onside) but VAR shows it to be different.

What was the one we got chopped off recently at home?  Took an age, and they still got it wrong I think by finding the elbow of a Saints player who wasn't involved in the goal offside.

St J's pen last night was very similar to the one VAR and the ref ignored at 0-0 v RC last week.

Whole thing seems a lottery, and we're not winning often.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kiltie chance, and Jamiesons probably, but i genuinely cant think of others? Unless youre counting offside shots or 2 seperate chances in the same move as 2 seperate goals if they go in (which is daft).

I was counting Mandron's sitter that hit the post.  That plus Kiltie and Jamieson's chance makes 3.

We had a few other reasonable chances too.

1-2 would probably have been a fair result last night.

Just now, Bobby_F said:

I was counting Mandron's sitter that hit the post.  That plus Kiltie and Jamieson's chance makes 3.

We had a few other reasonable chances too.

1-2 would probably have been a fair result last night.

If your Auntie had baws she'd be your uncle. 

1 minute ago, The Marly said:

If your Auntie had baws she'd be your uncle. 

Let's keep the GRR out of this.

[Also, if we prohibit talk of what might have been on football forums, they're going to be offy quiet]

Edited by Bobby_F

18 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

It was a high foot and a foul everyday of the week, whether he made contact or not.

Lots of crying on here which is delightful to see.

I must have accidentally skimmed past all the posts by St. Mirren fans saying it wasn’t a high boot.

I must’ve mistakenly only seen the ones calling Kane a cheating c**t for pretending he’d been kicked in the face when he clearly hadn’t. 

Incidentally, when he ran to the crowd after scoring, just before he got there a gate started to swing outwards. I hoped the cheating c**t ran into it and damaged himself. Unfortunately he didn’t. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Let's keep the GRR out of this.

[Also, if we prohibit talk of what might have been on football forums, they're going to be offy quiet]

Sorry.  What I meant to post was: 

If your Auntie had baws she'd probably be a better option up front than anything your club currently has.

That OK?

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The offside one 100% counts as a chance that should be getting scored as the initial horrible shot from Olusanya should have been a lot better than shanking it 5 yards across goal for Mandron to get an offside touch on it. He drove it low and hard towards the far post, the fact that he made an utter balls of it doesn't make it not a gilt-edged chance.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What was the Buddies XG last night Random?

16 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

St J's pen last night was very similar to the one VAR and the ref ignored at 0-0 v RC last week.

That's what doesn't make sense to me. 

VAR checked Collum's decision last week and confirmed his decision of no penalty was correct.

VAR checked Clancy's decision last night and confirmed his decision to give a penalty was also correct.

Both were almost identical in that a defender has swung a leg at fresh air and ended up booting an attacker up in the air that just happened to be there.

Both are nailed on 100% penalties but the consistency of these decisions, even with the benefit of replays is simply not consistent at all.

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

What was the Buddies XG last night Random?

Screenshot_20231207_165608_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d9486e04a98dbe33c30db52dafe870e7.jpg

Think the penalty alone contributes 0.75 or 0.8 to xG. That plus Kane's rebound likely made up around 1.1 of the St. Johnstone xG.

On the other hand, a fair chunk of our xG, probably about 0.6, will be the one off the post as it never actually got flagged offside so still counted as a shot at goal in the end.

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Screenshot_20231207_165608_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d9486e04a98dbe33c30db52dafe870e7.jpg

Think the penalty alone contributes 0.75 or 0.8 to xG. That plus Kane's rebound likely made up around 1.1 of the St. Johnstone xG.

On the other hand, a fair chunk of our xG, probably about 0.6, will be the one off the post as it never actually got flagged offside so still counted as a shot at goal in the end.

FotMob has Smith’s effort at 0.30, the penalty at 0.79 and the goal at 0.65. Mandron is at 0.84 and Kiltie’s header at 0.42, if you’re interested. 

When the dust settles, St Johnstone still have the game and the three points, no matter if St Mirren spunked away one, two, or a hundred decent chances. When the dust really settles though, only one team (unbelieveably) is still eyeing third spot, while one is eyeing Livingston FC and hoping that the Ferrantibank kunts remain really shite. 😄

Swings & roundabouts.

18 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

When the dust really settles though, only one team (unbelieveably) is still eyeing third spot, while one is eyeing Livingston FC and hoping that the Ferrantibank kunts remain really shite. 😄

Swings & roundabouts.

I suspect the majority of your fanbase is currently more concerned about Dundee and Ross Countys form than getting 3rd, tbh. Youre getting very close to being in the top 6 battle rather than 3rd.

We literally gave everyone else a 8 game head start. Its remarkable to me that we're not bottom 😂

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I suspect the majority of your fanbase is currently more concerned about Dundee and Ross Countys form than getting 3rd, tbh. Youre getting very close to being in the top 6 battle rather than 3rd.

We literally gave everyone else a 8 game head start. Its remarkable to me that we're not bottom 😂

Still time for you guys to finish bottom. Saying that anyone outside the arse cheeks could finsh bottom. 

What a way to win a game of football !!!!!  There is nothing better than a last minute goal where there is only time to restart the game before the final whistle. Feels like winning the cup all over again. Not many teams know that feeling do they ( not including St Mirren in that by the way )

The only way is up. COYS