Saints v Buddies 6/12/23

1 hour ago, andrewh said:

Someone has to start this. One St is improving, the other St have slipped back a bit. Is revenge for that recent defeat a possibility?

Anything's on the cards with us in Perth.

One thing's for sure though, we need to stop the slide on the road. No points and one goal in our last four. The away form was the thing that eventually done us in for a European place last season and if we do harbour hopes of challenging again, we need to fix it shortly.

Three games coming up that we honestly need to look at as a halt to this bad run. If we can take 5, 6 or even 7 points from the next three, then all will be rosy again.

I see Elvis has become a lot more active in the last few weeks on here. Glad he's still alive but the doom and gloom combo obviously lands a wee bit softer when you're starting it from third, rather than where you'd prefer us to be which is 6 adrift at the bottom.

Either way, hard game. 1-0 either way and it will likely follow a similar 'pattern' to the County game in that both teams will huff and puff and a shitey late goal will win it one way or the other.

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Look, the game is less than 48 hours away and we played each other recently.

In the spirit of the festive season, can we please try and get through one match thread without this tiresome argument?

We're the Saints, we're sometimes called the Buddies
You're the Saints, you're sometimes called the Saintees.

We can argue over semantics but we're both Saints and both better sets of people than the Glasgow arsecheeks. We can hopefully all agree on that.

Amen

Going to be a tough one for both teams. Both will go out to avoid defeat first and foremost so doubt there will be much in it.

Been impressed whenever I have seen St Mirren under Robinson and seems a club in an upward curve. Better them to be up there fighting that one of the bigger city clubs.

I think Gallacher is likely back for this one, so get him in at LWB and Costelloe out of the side and bar that, similar to Sunday as a lineup would do me. 

Another cold one. 

Pitch seemed in a decent state on Sunday despite the warmest it had been for about 48 hours was 1°c

-2 now with the dizzy high temp of 1°c all day tomorrow too. Get those extra socks on lads and ladies ❄️

As for the football 🤷‍♂️ not seen much of St. Mirren to pass much comment on them.

Saints... Looking better but this is a game where more is required offensively than what they mustered in the last two games, there was fleeting attempts at football on Sunday buy It's tbc whether they can offer that consistency in games against the non "bigger budget" sides. 

I'm not really looking forward to this one. Would love to get back to winning ways but nothing that's happened in the past few games for either side, suggests we'll win. And performances havent been great. A draw wouldn't be a disaster.

Thought 4-0 in the last game probably flattered us a bit. St Johnstone just fell apart in the second half.

Perth was where Robinson turned around his fortunes after a pretty dreadful start as St Mirren manager, so maybe we can repeat that after a pretty uninspiring run.