Alloa VS Accies

This will be a hard game we obviously have a big game on the 16th but we can't get ahead of ourselves and need to focus on winning this game first. In my opinion I think Alloa deserved to win against us earlier in the season we were very lucky to get the 3 points that day so I'm expecting another tough game here. Needs to be the same team as the QOTS game both Lewis and Dario have made huge impacts in the past 2 game and both deserve to keep their places for this game I'm enjoying seeing Barjonas getting played in the midfield as well I think he's much better in there than he is as a winger O'Hara has also been a lot better in the past couple of games and is starting to score. Like I said this will be a tough game however I do think we will win it Alloa 0-2 Accies O'Hara and Zanatta with the goals against their former club.

Very difficult to predict how we will play or set up. Andy's only been in charge for two games and had several players missing for the second of those.

Assuming Devine and Hetherington are fit, that there are no more significant injuries and with Wales and Steven available, then in theory we should be able to put a team out which has a fighting chance of taking something from the game.

A lot may depend on how we start and whether we can get the first goal. I do worry that O'Hara, Dario and Henderson will come back to haunt us, but it will also be good to see them at the Indodrill again.

Looking forward to it.

A tough couple weeks coming up for Alloa. Firstly this one against top of the table Hamilton, followed by a game against the form team Cove Rangers. I don't think we should dwell on the Edinburgh result or on the performance against Dunbar too much as Alloa were missing a chunk of players for both. 

In my opinion you have a group of players who will give their all for the new manager and that can help take us a step beyond where we have been the rest of the season prior Andy's appointment.

If we can nick a point here i'd be more than happy.

1-1 Ally Roy to score for us, one of the ex Alloa players to score for Hamilton.

After Hamiltons destruction of QOTS I’m slightly concerned about this fixture.

However, Andy has had another week for players to come back from injury, etc. Bit of training ground time to work on how he wants the team to play and what he wants the team to look like. 
We also have home advantage at the mighty recs 😂👍 Be great if we can get something from this game.

The thread has been pretty quiet, I thought the Hamilton fans would have been full of confidence and giving it large lol  Where are you guys? 

Edited by Alloamad

Hopefully another couple of weeks training with Andy will help the players out.

Seen in the Advertiser Andy said his injury problems are easing so will be interesting to see what formation/personnel he goes for with more players to choose from.

I liked the 3-5-2 we were playing before Rice left, we started to see the best of it when we were able to play the same XI for a few games in a row.

10 hours ago, Alloamad said:

The thread has been pretty quiet, I thought the Hamilton fans would have been full of confidence and giving it large lol  Where are you guys? 

It's a weird one this. A very important fixture in the context of the league, obviously, but one that is being massively overshadowed by the fixture next week.

I've not been to Recreation Park for years, what is the away end like now? Still a terrace?

8 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Will be a last minute one as to whether I can go, or not, so I'll be driving if I can. Where is best to park? 

There's a small car park at the away end turnstiles behind the KFC - no idea if there's a charge to use it though.

Lidl car park right next to KFC as well & street parking across the road if necessary.

We parked at Lidl for the play-off game which was fine other than a wee wait to get out. I think I heard about others who parked there that same night getting a ticket though, so not sure if I should go somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

We parked at Lidl for the play-off game which was fine other than a wee wait to get out. I think I heard about others who parked there that same night getting a ticket though, so not sure if I should go somewhere else. 

I've never had a ticket parking there and do it most games. 

Hopefully the Smith and Zanatta that we saw during the Queens game turn up tomorrow.  Could both be massive assets if they apply themselves like that regularly. Really important to get a positive result and keep the momentum building for next week. Just win, by any means though.

18 hours ago, Rory said:

Hopefully another couple of weeks training with Andy will help the players out.

Seen in the Advertiser Andy said his injury problems are easing so will be interesting to see what formation/personnel he goes for with more players to choose from.

I liked the 3-5-2 we were playing before Rice left, we started to see the best of it when we were able to play the same XI for a few games in a row.

Not totally sure about that. We did play well against Stirling (albeit they were very poor indeed) but even in some of the other improved results before that game the team still looked ragged at times. The big difference for me was finally having some kind of settled team and crucially players in attack who could link things up, rather than the 3-5-2 in particular. Personally I prefer 4 at the back but agree it will be really interesting the next few weeks to see how Andy sets up his team. Interesting already over just two games (and with selection issues) that he has gone with 4 at the back and kept players in natural roles and also who has and hasn't played. Obviously very early and we'll get a better idea as the weeks and months pass. 

There are certainly a few things to be addressed - centre of defence in particular - but there is also plenty of talent there. Really enjoyed watching Raith Rovers again last night, so many creative players at the top of the field, great movement and link up play and being supported by runners from midfield. That's the top of the league above but for our level we are very well off for creative, attacking players who could potentially do something similar in League One: Scougall, Donnelly, Cawley, Coulson, Roy, Steven, Wales - and with Sammon as a different option. Some of those can play the deeper roles too, as well as Stevie and Roberts (and Robbo when he gets back). And Cammy if we use him centrally rather than wide, where he is also very good. Add in Taggs raiding down the right and you have to wonder just how we've managed to be so poor. We had wonderful attacking teams (using 4-2-3-1) under Ross and Goodwin but I do feel the ingredients are there in this squad for a really good side. The challenge for Andy is to sort the defence (and GK, although I'm still hopeful PJ can prove himself) and settle those attacking options into a shape that can make best use of their talents.