Most/Least Interesting Clubs in Scotland

Rangers win 95% of their games but still dont win the league. That's dull.

I cant recall Partick Thistle ever having a decent cup run?

Motherwell been in the same league for ages but had a few european ties.

Dundee are always entertaining (maybe not for their fans) but underachieving.

Premiership:  Least -Livingston. Not a real football club.
Most -  probably Hibs. Always seem to lurch from good season to catastrophe season, back to good, back to catastrophe ad infinitum

Championship: Least - Ayr having precisely zero trophies won.
Most - Would probably have to be Morton, most league titles/promotions in Scotland outside the Old Firm I think. Ye canny argue with that

League One: Least Must be Queen of the South. A permanently mid-table outfit, regardless of division. The definition of beige
Most: I'll give it to Alloa. A well promoted/relegated team

League Two: Least - Elgin for previously stated reasons
Most - Dumbarton. Fantastic history, and plenty of ups and downs since.

Edited by Jives Miguel

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Get a grip folks. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, interesting about the entity that is Livingston FC. With any luck, this season is the one that gets them to fcuk from the top flight.

We are pure box office, been in all four leagues in the space of about 10 years. Cup finals, cup winners, title winners. Financial ruin, mad owners, I wish we were a bit more boring.

A Motherwell or St Mirren however, snooze fest. Mid table, sometimes good, sometimes bad but always middle of the road.

23 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Most interesting is Ross County, never been yet but I'd love to dance in the streets in the county of Ross.

Least interesting is Ayr Utd. Had a soft spot for them and would be great if they were up in the top league so we'd have derby games v Killie. They are just not interested though and they just can't be bothered trying. Zzzzz.

When you saw how easily we cast them aside when we were in the same league a couple of years ago you realize it wouldn’t be that exciting having them in the top flight.

The three biggest results in the clubs history have been 2x 3rd round Scottish Cup knockouts of us in 97/98 and a 1-0 League Cup group stage victory in 2017. 

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

We are pure box office, been in all four leagues in the space of about 10 years. Cup finals, cup winners, title winners. Financial ruin, mad owners, I wish we were a bit more boring.

A Motherwell or St Mirren however, snooze fest. Mid table, sometimes good, sometimes bad but always middle of the road.

You’re not even box office in your own town. 😀

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Get a grip folks. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, interesting about the entity that is Livingston FC. With any luck, this season is the one that gets them to fcuk from the top flight.

Think we pretty much cover everything mentioned in the OP for being interesting, certainly never boring, we were also in a cup final and back to back top six finishes in the last 5 seasons. One decent season and a St Mirren fan gets all billy big baws.

Clyde have a long, varied and interesting history but we may see them end up in the relative wilderness of the seaside leagues soon. I hope not. Since their move from Shawfield all those years ago, they've been like a hermit crab shuffling along the shoreline checking shells that are either already inhabited or out of their price range.

For no good reason, I like them, Dumbarton and Morton, which probably makes me some kind of jakey.

It goes without saying that Glasgow's gruesome twosome are boring.

Stenhousemuir is the most boring club in Scotland.

Kind of just there. Swap between the 3rd and 4th tier every now and then. Over 50 years since anything of interest happened to them and that was nearly getting kicked out the league for being boring.

i bet not one person even thought about Stenhousemuir before I mentioned them,

40 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Rangers win 95% of their games but still dont win the league. That's dull.

I cant recall Partick Thistle ever having a decent cup run?

Motherwell been in the same league for ages but had a few european ties.

Dundee are always entertaining (maybe not for their fans) but underachieving.

Their liquidation and emergence as The Rangers gave us all plenty of interest/laughs though. Now they're the 2nd best team in the league it's pretty dull right enough.

Stenny were box office in the 90's with Terry Christie at the helm, and did have a decent young team a few seasons ago. 

Albion Rovers or East Fife are easily the most boring. Forfar and Stirling Albion are at least in nice places.

Most interesting in the country I'd say us. Proper yo-yo team who swept to a playoff final before absolutely fucking it up in absurd style. Our strip is also miles better than everyone else's.

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Livingston are anything but boring tbh.  Always some shit going on. 

Yep, i'd love us to be boring, the shit we're constantly going through is anything but dull. Understand a lot of folk not liking Livi, but that's not what this thread is asking. Reckon we'd be right up there if there was a hated club thread right enough, but that in itself would show we're at least interesting and relevant enough to generate so much hate/dislike.

3 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

League One: Least Must be Queen of the South. A permanently mid-table outfit, regardless of division. The definition of beige

Boring maybe, but they’ve never been in the 4th (Fourth) tier of Scottish football, which is something that can’t be said of Greenock Morton. 

Edited by MazzyStar

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, i'd love us to be boring, the shit we're constantly going through is anything but dull. Understand a lot of folk not liking Livi, but that's not what this thread is asking. Reckon we'd be right up there if there was a hated club thread right enough, but that in itself would show we're at least interesting and relevant enough to generate so much hate/dislike.

Spot on yeah.  I don't hate Livi either, they are kicking above their weight and fair fucks.  Plenty jealous clubs out there that would love to swap positions.