Stuttering Saints v Staggies

Seems like hyperbole to say this is must win, given we're 4th in the league but we need to stop the rot.

Thought County were the better side up there recently and worth their win, we caused them no problems at all which was the most disappointing thing.

I expect we'll be better than we were in Dingwall. The optimist in me says 2-0 Saints but any scrappy 1 goal victory would do me.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

What the hell has happened to St Mirren match threads? Earlier in the season they would be up to 6/7/8 pages long in the week leading up to a game and well over 20 in the week following. 

It’s amazing how quickly some folk lose interest when we become shite again. 🤣
Give it a couple more poor home performances and you’ll also see our encouraging crowds this season start to dwindle. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

5 hours ago, Mac28 said:

Will Brophy finally score at the Smisa

I fucking doubt it, he's been perma crocked making the bench against celtic, over a month ago. He's looked very sluggish whenever he's come on as a sub too, who'd have known eh, if only someone had warned us beforehand 😆

With Adams back in charge, I'm sure there'll be some supporters trying to make out that Brophy's been excluded due to a changing room bust up, with the new boss.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s amazing how quickly some folk lose interest when we become shite again. 🤣
Give it a couple more poor home performances and you’ll also see our encouraging crowds this season start to dwindle. 

So easy to become delusional and proof positive that you can fool some of the people all of the time.

This is not posted as a dig of St Mirren fans their team was on a very good run and the fans were dreaming of better things. Reality strikes and you find your true place in the grand scheme of things fighting it out with your peer group, mid table or below.

Think these are two matched teams where the home advantage decides the outcome unfortunately. 

Not sure if County will bring in Smith to cover for the shocking red card Nightingale recieved and continue with five at the back or play a back four.

I'd take draw.

If Ross County win this they would be two points behind us having played a game less. This is a team whose early season form was so bad that they sacked their manager.

Certainly puts our great start into context and shows how quickly things can change in this turgid, attritional league.  

However, I don’t think we will lose. For all our overall form has been awful recently, we’re still pretty good at home. The only team to beat us in Paisley this season in all competitions is Rangers, and that was only after we went down to ten men in the first half.

A goal would be a nice starting point, none of our players have scored in any of our last five games.  Start Nahmani please.

Like all of our games over the last month, I’m expecting another tough watch.

0-0

Just now, Lex said:

If Ross County win this they would be two points behind us having played a game less. This is a team whose early season form was so bad that they sacked their manager.

Certainly puts our great start into context and shows how quickly things can change in this turgid, attritional league.  

However, I don’t think we will lose. For all our overall form has been awful recently, we’re still pretty good at home. The only team to beat us in Paisley this season in all competitions is Rangers, and that was only after we went down to ten men in the first half.

A goal would be a nice starting point, none of our players have scored in any of our last five games.  Start Nahmani please.

0-0

What's happened to Grieve? He seems to have dropped down the pecking order, even with a couple of goals to his name off the bench.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

What the hell has happened to St Mirren match threads? Earlier in the season they would be up to 6/7/8 pages long in the week leading up to a game and well over 20 in the week following. 

Sometimes depends on the opposition. A County or Livingston thread will be shorter than a Dundee or Motherwell thread, due to an excess of walloper bawbag posting from the more engaged elements in their support. 😜

44 minutes ago, Lex said:

0-0

Agree. I'm not claiming that Nahmani will be our saviour, but FFS give the boy a fair crack of the whip. If he ends up firing blanks like the rest of them then so be it, but if we don't try him we'll never know.

4 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I fucking doubt it, he's been perma crocked making the bench against celtic, over a month ago. He's looked very sluggish whenever he's come on as a sub too, who'd have known eh, if only someone had warned us beforehand 😆

With Adams back in charge, I'm sure there'll be some supporters trying to make out that Brophy's been excluded due to a changing room bust up, with the new boss.

Brophy as a signing was still probably worth it just for the goals last season, without those I doubt we're still in the top flight.

But aye, it's a scunner that he can't stay healthy.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Star Wars No GIF by The Ringer

The science is in…

Black line - forum activity by Buddies in August

Blue line - forum activity by Buddies in September

Orange line - forum activity by Buddies in October

Green line - forum activity by Buddies in November

Red line - forum activity by Buddies in December

45EAE42A-E7B6-4449-8F07-62007488D627.jpeg