Stuttering Saints v Staggies

Glad to say the team proved me wrong today. That was much more like it. Young Stav and Ayunga will be a handful for most teams in this division, if they can continue with todays level of performance.

We look a far better team with 2 up front. That could prove to be a big turning point in our season. All 3 points were a must after such a dismal run.

Stav was very good today, Jonah unplayable at times. Would go again with that pairing on Sat.

The ref was making up as he went along...inventing fouls out of nowhere and the least said about the West stand linesman the better. VAR dug him out of a massive hole with the first goal.

15 minutes ago, mcginns said:

Stav was very good today, Jonah unplayable at times. Would go again with that pairing on Sat.

The ref was making up as he went along...inventing fouls out of nowhere and the least said about the West stand linesman the better. VAR dug him out of a massive hole with the first goal.

The Main stand assistant was rotten too.

Looked like a team of YTS officials on their first job.

Thought the officials must’ve won the gig today in a raffle - never had control of what was a pretty easy game to referee.

Much more like ourselves today though, with the changes to the starting line-up making a difference - Stav was a constant nuisance, and other than looking too one-footed at times, Small put in a great shift at RWB. Subs then kept momentum going, with Olusanya in particular looking a little more like a footballer than I’ve seen since he signed.

Next up Motherwell - imagine they’ll be too concerned about Biereth getting injured again to put in a performance of note.

I thought it was really good. Dominated the majority of the game, looked threatening throughout, defended well enough and no real failures. Biggest issue was that we didn't score more, some of those chances we really need to start taking again.

Thought Nachmani and Ayunga looked good together, though the big miss from Nachmani it looked like they didn't really look like they knew what the other was doing, but that should come if they get more chances together. Kiltie was good in midfeild, Taylor and Tanser excellent down the left again. 

Anyway, good win and good performance. Hopefully some of the moonhowlers will calm down a bit, for a week at least.

So much better today, really pleased for the team. Good to see well deserved praise for Ayunga and Nahmani but I thought Small was the best player on the park today, so comfortable on the ball and really direct going forward. I’m even more baffled that he hasn’t been playing now. 

Fair play to James Brown for finishing the game after putting his head through the ad board.