Saint Mirren v Queen of the South

Bluenortherner

58 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

a couple of ex buddies in the queens squad.josh todd who when signed was tipped to be a star of the future and an old favourite of ours-gavin reilly.

I always thought Reilly would go on to bigger and better things, shame that his career has taken the trajectory it has.

3 hours ago, QoS99 said:

Is Gav or Cochrane back for the game today?

Neither feature. Brydon is back though.

31.Stone 15.McClellend 24.Ambrose 35.Brydon 27.Gibson 5.McKay 8.Todd 17.Fergusson 23.Logan 10.Connelly 25.Doherty

Subs 1.Botterill 7.McKechnie 11.McGuffie 14.Hutchinson 19.MacIntyre 20.Irving 26.Ross 28.Johnstone 30.Walker

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Great o see Brydon back. Hopefully comes through unscathed. 

I'm probably being thick, but who's 26. Ross? 

No idea.

There is a Euan Ross listed in the players on our website  (Number 26). I don't know anything about him.

https://qosfc.com/players

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Well that was awful. No pass marks at all from saints. McMenamin has been absolutely awful, wonder where the guy that started the season has went. Bolton looking petrified when the ball lands at his feet and just gets rid of it instantly. Ayunga poor again when starting.

Surely can't be that poor again. 

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Great o see Brydon back. Hopefully comes through unscathed. 

I'm probably being thick, but who's 26. Ross? 

I asked the same on Doonhamers chat. From reserves, central midfielder apparently. Signed from Queens Park. 

0-0 and a tough watch all round. We did have the ball in the net from a rebound, offside. 
Queens hoofing a lot of long balls and fair play to them it’s working. Few shaky moments from our back line with the bouncing ball.
We are going need a bit of quality and guile in the final third to win this. Something we have been lacking all season. 

50 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

No idea.

There is a Euan Ross listed in the players on our website  (Number 26). I don't know anything about him.

https://qosfc.com/players

Euan Ross is one of our young reserve players .Have said before without Reilly we just don't have a goal threat this is looking  like a re run of the Falkirk game only a matter of time till St. MIrren score. 

Absolutely brutal from Saints, Jonah and Connor have done nothing to justify a start, we carried more of a goal threat before Jonah came back with Mandron.

Stav and Mandron deserve a chance to see if they can build a partnership.

12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Off at HT I see.

Great. 

Ah well, we lasted longer than I expected. We've also had a total of 2 shots off target so I'm sure Bartley will be absolutely delighted. 

6 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Nearly over and we haven’t had a single shot on target!!!!

No surprise I would rather have a go  than go out like this 

We are set up so negative asking to get beat which we normally do no doubt Marv will again be happy with, 1,nil defeat