Killie v Celtic

25 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

So, plenty of people have addressed the need for certain teams to have plastic pitches and the advantages that can bring financially to them, but also can be fantastic community assets. I’d just like to ask you, which do you find most embarrassing, plastic pitches or bigotry? 

Anyone else waiting to see their answer to this one?

Same question to sevco fans too.

Mind you, I think we ALL know the truth on this one.

1 hour ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Congrats on showing that you don't understand what a sweeping statement is.

Then the league or the govering body should come up with a plan to help subsidise those clubs in need. Anyone in favour of plastic pitches are the exact type of people holding the Scottish game back.

I don't think there's anyone in this thread 'in favour' of plastic pitches - there's plenty of pragmatism for why they exist in our game. The disparity in the finances of the top clubs is a disgrace. (And even worse between the leagues).

I played on 3G surfaces in my late teens, and I'm now in my mid forties, so there isn't a player in the league that wasn't brought up on them. They're only an issue when Rangers or Celtic don't win on them.

I know when we were relegated it was widely discussed that we HAD to go straight back up. There are plenty of other clubs in the top flight who would be in the same boat, and I'm more inclined to think that it's one or two of those clubs that might be behind it, in the hope that Livingston are relegated soon and they can pull the drawbridge up behind them.

Edited by Scooby_Doo
Added in comment about lower leagues.

4 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I don't think there's anyone in this thread 'in favour' of plastic pitches - there's plenty of pragmatism for why they exist in our game. The disparity in the finances of the top clubs is a disgrace. (And even worse between the leagues).

I played on 3G surfaces in my late teens, and I'm now in my mid forties, so there isn't a player in the league that wasn't brought up on them. They're only an issue when Rangers or Celtic don't win on them.

I know when we were relegated it was widely discussed that we HAD to go straight back up. There are plenty of other clubs in the top flight who would be in the same boat, and I'm more inclined to think that it's one or two of those clubs that might be behind it, in the hope that Livingston are relegated soon and they can pull the drawbridge up behind them.

A players' union survey calling for artificial pitches to be banned in the Scottish top flight only matters if it leads to action, says Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes.

PFA Scotland say "every player" at the nine Premiership clubs that play on grass is against synthetic surfaces.

McInnes, whose side play on grass, says the results are "compelling", but only matter "if people are listening".

"I think the players have got to be listened to," McInnes added.

"But if it just fills a couple of days' papers and nothing gets done about it and we're still here next year still having the same thing

Hamilton Academical, Kilmarnock and Livingston currently play on artificial surfaces, meaning a quarter of all top-flight pitches are artificial.

McInnes believes every Premiership club should have a grass pitch.

22 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Everytime there is talk of reconstruction or moves to improve the game, Why is it both your club and your evil twin are dead set against it?

Lets be honest your both more than happy to be big fishes in a small pond.

This is just made up waffle.

It must be a singularly joyless life, being an old firm fan. Wins are routine and expected, draws are unacceptable and the occasional loss is catastrophic. They will never know the joy a diddy team fan feels when we experience days like yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Strange how I see and hear fans criticising them regardless of the result then.

1 minute ago, Fide said:

It must be a singularly joyless life, being an old firm fan. Wins are routine and expected, draws are unacceptable and the occasional loss is catastrophic. They will never know the joy a diddy team fan feels when we experience days like yesterday. 

😂

My life is great and my club have given me some of the best moments of my life. It's an absolute joy to be a Celtic supporter. Enjoy your win though.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

A players' union survey calling for artificial pitches to be banned in the Scottish top flight only matters if it leads to action, says Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes.

PFA Scotland say "every player" at the nine Premiership clubs that play on grass is against synthetic surfaces.

McInnes, whose side play on grass, says the results are "compelling", but only matter "if people are listening".

"I think the players have got to be listened to," McInnes added.

"But if it just fills a couple of days' papers and nothing gets done about it and we're still here next year still having the same thing

Hamilton Academical, Kilmarnock and Livingston currently play on artificial surfaces, meaning a quarter of all top-flight pitches are artificial.

McInnes believes every Premiership club should have a grass pitch.

What is your point here exactly?

3 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Well, if you're in the Celtic end then that would make sense.

I've listened to many an opposing manager being interviewed after an away defeat to Killie and the pitch is never mentioned.

Just now, LuboMoravcik said:

This is just made up waffle.

Much like the issue you have with plastic pitches when they only matter between 3pm and 4:50pm on a weekend.

Tthe rest of the time you don't have an issue with them for training on or coaching future players.

14 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

I note you are happy to answer many other points, any chance of addressing my question to you.

Which is more embarrassing to the Scottish game in your opinion? Plastic pitches or bigotry? 

50 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Everytime there is talk of reconstruction or moves to improve the game, Why is it both your club and your evil twin are dead set against it?

Lets be honest your both more than happy to be big fishes in a small pond.

Do you have an example of reconstruction or a move to improve the game to discuss?

23 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Much like the issue you have with plastic pitches when they only matter between 3pm and 4:50pm on a weekend.

Tthe rest of the time you don't have an issue with them for training on or coaching future players.

As an FYI the first team train on grass at Lennoxtown, if I remember correctly all but 1 are grass. 

16 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I note you are happy to answer many other points, any chance of addressing my question to you.

Which is more embarrassing to the Scottish game in your opinion? Plastic pitches or bigotry? 

None of them will ever answer that question , but all non old firm fans know the answer.

12 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Obviously plastic pitches, we need to get an embarrassing song going though.

We're up to our eyes in black/green pellets surrender or you'll die  get covered in pellets, we are the plastic pitch boys.

31 minutes ago, well again said:

None of them will ever answer that question , but all non old firm fans know the answer.

Because it’s a really stupid question that you already know the answer to, clearly bigotry is a bigger issue.

So much for none of “them” every answering eh?