The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I didn't have him in my squad. I genuinely thought his illness was over hyped. Got that one wrong.

I swapped him out at the last minute as I thought there was a bit of hype about it given his TV background. Replaced him with Niall Ó Donnghaile who will now live to a ripe old age.

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I didn't have him in my squad. I genuinely thought his illness was over hyped. Got that one wrong.

I briefly considered him, but thought he was only famous for being married to a day time tv presenter. Hence ineligible.

I should have done my homework - what a tool. 

6 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

My first year doing Dead Pool.  I assumed that you couldnt pick those who were terminally ill?  I must be wrong.

The rules are that they can't be famous for being terminally ill. It's to weed out all those people who get in the news for doing a charity marathon before they croak, or for announcing they're off to guzzle a few glasses of Chateau Dignitas or for legal battles after their parents trying to stop the doctor turning off the life support system, that kind of thing.

Some hitherto famous person who announces that they have stage four cancer or MND is perfectly fine as a pick.

Edited by Aim Here

52 minutes ago, lolls said:

Captain points por favor

And for me. Only one hit last year (Silvio Berlusconi) so already equalled my number of deaths and with a younger "player" and a captain's bonus too. 

simpsons-what.gif.b7fb16b0766024c13029979ac8273367.gif

Or not, as the case may be. 

I mean, condolences, etc.