The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

21 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Your solo shots:

Roger Corman, Tsu Surf, Valerie Singleton, Leila Williams, Richard Bacon, Janet Fielding, Carole Ann Ford, Maureen O'Brien

Your deadly duos:

Iris Apfel, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Peter Purves

There's something of a Blue Peter theme in there.

36 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

The 'Players' worksheet in my results spreadsheet gives you an at-a-glance view of which of your picks is a solo or not (deep blue = solo, light blue = duo). In your case 8 solos, and 3 duos.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yfhdssUxqb8bZfMcgZKdPigZNqp83pJHRVdMR23MnyY/edit#gid=0

I see from that (piece of magnificence, quite frankly) that you have Glynis Johns as having croaked on 2/1/24. All the obits I’ve seen have her dying on the 4th?

28 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Your solo shots:

Roger Corman, Tsu Surf, Valerie Singleton, Leila Williams, Richard Bacon, Janet Fielding, Carole Ann Ford, Maureen O'Brien

Your deadly duos:

I'm sorry son you must have me confused with someone else

image.png.323de41ec544edd73588f714f2872b06.png

5 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

I see from that (piece of magnificence, quite frankly) that you have Glynis Johns as having croaked on 2/1/24. All the obits I’ve seen have her dying on the 4th?

Yeah, usually it doesn't matter about the exact date, except if it's before or after the birthday or in December, so I'm a little slipshod about hitting the right date. In this case, it does matter because of the bonus situation.

32 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Your solo shots:

Your deadly duos:

Cheers. Honestly expected Iris was a solo as I didn't spot her on anyone else's list.

2 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Cheers. Honestly expected Iris was a solo as I didn't spot her on anyone else's list.

I've never heard of her but, sadly for you in the event that she passes away this year, Oystercatcher has. 

24 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Surprised to have Dominic Chianese as a solo shot. I thought loads of folk would have Uncle Junior.

Another I was quite certain was already dead 

On 04/01/2024 at 19:20, JustOneCornetto said:

Glynis Johns dead at 100

I don't have her in my team but I'm sure someone's bound to have her, come on @Miguel Sanchez get those teams posted

Just checked - a mainstay of my team every year from 2017 onwards, and less than four days after I dropped her she's a point-scorer. Life/death doesn't seem fair, sometimes ...

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Your solo shots:

Your deadly duos:

Don't like Blue Peter? 

3 Solos, one of which was surprising and 4 deadly duos. They're guaranteed to live beyond 31st December 2024. 

You look at other peoples picks and either think "damn, forgot about them" or "ha, nae chance" or "what do they know that I don't..."