The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

1 hour ago, The Hologram said:

Totally f****d that up 

I wouldn’t worry about it. Just like the Inter defenders on that summers day in 1967, you weren’t aware that Chalmers was in the box. 

17 hours ago, D.V.T. said:

Steve’s not all Wright

Given the way the papers are covering this, I can't help thinking that if the Queen had died yesterday, the news would have been on page 2.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Given the way the papers are covering this, I can't help thinking that if the Queen had died yesterday, the news would have been on page 2.

Exactly he was only a DJ and top of the pops presenter.

Don't recall them being so sycophantic when that fellow DJ and top of the pops presenter Jimmy Saville carked it.

1 hour ago, Willie adie said:

Exactly he was only a DJ and top of the pops presenter.

Don't recall them being so sycophantic when that fellow DJ and top of the pops presenter Jimmy Saville carked it.

I might be getting whooshed here, but IIRC Savile was covered in glowing and gushing tones for the first few days…

27 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I might be getting whooshed here, but IIRC Savile was covered in glowing and gushing tones for the first few days…

Outside the DJ field, so was Robert Maxwell.

7 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

You recall correctly.  After Savile died, Channel 4 did a documentary about what a great guy he was and there were pictures of an impressive headstone. 

Less than a week after that the truth came out and the family uplifted the headstone and demolished it.