Dundee United vs Raith Rovers, 16 Dec…

Terrific dig from Rovers today. First half we were standing off a lot and didn't really impose ourselves on the game. Second half though, we really came at them and scored a lovely goal. A few things for big Kev to do towards the end but United were so disjointed going forward. 

Baffled by the choice of Sibbald as man of the match, he was pretty poor and late in the tackle a few times. Though, not sure who it would be given to otherwise.

lets get this clear once and for all. we don't have the biggest budget in the championship by a long way. we have a lot of young talented players who are not on big wages. but what we do have is a very talented coaching team. so stop this nonsense and accept we are a very young and tlented team with a lot more to come

Perhaps I had the wrong player, but should Sibbald not have walked as well? Was on a booking, had another foul in the first half and then second half had the classic ‘take one for the team stop the break’ tackles that is a stick on yellow. 

Also Vaughan’s booking for bullying poor wee Dec Gallagher 30 seconds after Moult caught Brown in the face with just a free kick 🤣

Utterly fantastic day.  From the bus up with Mystic Meg and her manic 6-4 prediction.  Although I was trying to see if any betting site would let me stick a pound on it finishing 6-4, just in case.  Board putting on all those free buses was genius and I hope that pays off with more people going to away games going forward.  Cause let's be honest if today doesn't give you that buzz to goto more games, nothing will.

First half we weren't at our best and seemed to stand off them quite a bit, we were struggling to win the ball and it seemed that every second ball landed with a United player.  But second half we totally turned it around, pressing the United players a lot quicker and getting the ball down and playing more.  The goal looked incredible and I cannot wait to see it on the highlights.   The last ten minutes though, with Brown and Murray throwing themselves in front of things, Byrne going after everything and Millen with that fucking tackle.  Utterly immense.  

Every single player was up for it today, but Byrne seemed massively up for it  

Edited by SanStarko

40 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

In fairness to Dundee United, based on what I’ve seen today, if they do spend a bit of money wisely in the January transfer window, they could sneak up via the playoffs. 

Good luck to them, and all the best for the season ahead! 👍

Plucky Utd etc

Followed one United fan along the road back to the car who was on the phone to someone and telling them United will be lucky to even get up via the play-offs 😂

Bit of an over-reaction I thought. As lots have said already, it was a fairly even game decided by that moment of brilliance from Easton (and perhaps a save from big Kev and a tackle from Millen were just as important). 

Don’t think either team were at their best today, a long, long way to go yet and I’m sure there will be more twists and turns.

Im just enjoying our best season for 30years while it lasts.  

3 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Followed one United fan along the road back to the car who was on the phone to someone and telling them United will be lucky to even get up via the play-offs 😂

Bit of an over-reaction I thought. As lots have said already, it was a fairly even game decided by that moment of brilliance from Easton (and perhaps a save from big Kev and a tackle from Millen were just as important). 

Don’t think either team were at their best today, a long, long way to go yet and I’m sure there will be more twists and turns.

Im just enjoying our best season for 30years while it lasts.  

I'm glad you avoided getting a doing in the pub.

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Utd must've made some cash today with the size of the crowd, I hope they reciprocate at the next Starks fixture 

To be fair they did earlier on in the season.

Hopefully we see some extra Raith fans in the next 2 home games.

2 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Utd must've made some cash today with the size of the crowd, I hope they reciprocate at the next Starks fixture 

I have a bad feeling the next Rovers v DU match (17 Feb) will get picked for BBC Scotland coverage. It would, however, mean the Pars visit in March couldn’t be on the telly.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Five points clear, your best team in decades, just beaten the title favourites in their own backyard and you’re thinking about Dunfermline.

😮‍💨

Furthest thing from my mind was you lot, just so happens that for the minute you are 4th, it could easily have been any other team and I'd have said the same thing about them

You dont honestly think your that important to us, or is this just another example of the pretentious billy big time Pars mentality shining through again 😂😂

Edited by SirJimmyofNic