Dundee United vs Raith Rovers, 16 Dec…

An absolutely absurd position for us to be in. 

Had you told me on 1st February 2022, we'd go to Tannadice and on course to potentially sell out the shed, top of the Championship with the full backing from the fan base of our board, I'd have told you to stop talking pish. 

We're currently 11 points ahead of Partick, and 17 points ahead of 5th place. 

A win on Saturday would be seismic from our side. It would likely force United to gamble in January. A draw would still be excellent, and a loss is by no means catastrophic. All the pressure is on Dundee United and Goodwin. 

Murray’s post game interview suggesting E Murray and Hamilton should be fine for Saturday. So other than Watson, full squad (barring any fuckery in the next few days). 

Brilliant win tonight to really shift the pressure of the game on to United. Buzzing for the day out with the boys as always and looking forward to a big noisy away support. Shed will likely be sold out by Saturday, question is whether they will open the Fair Play for any spillover? Either way, atmosphere will be class and should be some game. Come on!!

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

An absolutely absurd position for us to be in. 

Had you told me on 1st February 2022, we'd go to Tannadice and on course to potentially sell out the shed, top of the Championship with the full backing from the fan base of our board, I'd have told you to stop talking pish. 

We're currently 11 points ahead of Partick, and 17 points ahead of 5th place. 

A win on Saturday would be seismic from our side. It would likely force United to gamble in January. A draw would still be excellent, and a loss is by no means catastrophic. All the pressure is on Dundee United and Goodwin. 

Aye, I remember going to the Kilmarnock game a few weeks after the Goodwillie incident, in an away support that amounted to about 80, and the other games immediately afterwards, and wondered if I'd ever get the club I'd support back again.  Genuinely felt at that time that part of Raith Rovers as I knew it had died.  Incredible to think where the club is now vs then.  Regardless of what happens this season, it's a huge step forward to be talking about football.

Really does remind us all to enjoy every good time whilst it's here.  Looking forward to the game on Saturday and the occasion. 

I do feel we need to leave Tannadice top if we are to be considered "real" contenders though.  Not that I'd be dissapointed with a strong 2nd place, which should be the primary aim given where we are - but it would be nice to keep the push going into the new year.  I fear if we relinquish top spot whilst having played a game more, that Utd will kick on from there.

Edited by CALDERON

We're still undefeated in the league. Our two cup defeats seem to have affected the fans' confidence but I don't think the players will have been too bothered.

RR's late goals are a bit of a punch in the gut but hopefully being knocked off the top acts as extra motivation for United.

Score draw or narrow home win. Nothing is decided in December when it's this tight...